: Meeting partners parents for the first time!

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Well tomorrow I'm meeting my girlfriends parents :eek: :D

I'm way more excited then nervous but can anyone humour me with their horror stories of meeting their partners parents for the first time just so I know what to avoid doing :p :lol:

She has already met my parents and they love her so no pressure eh? :D

Carbon
15-04-2009, 01:08 PM
They are just people same as your parents - if they see how happy you make their daughter then that should be enough :)

As for horror stories - I don't really have any - although when staying with an ex girlfriend on the Isle of Wight they had a path round the back of the house they used to call the back passage - I will never forget the day that I announced to her dad "I'm just off out to have a fag up the back passage" - poor chap didn't know if he should laugh or look shocked :lol:

skapunk1
15-04-2009, 01:11 PM
*entirely ficticious*

i met a girl a while ago and everything was going well
she incited me to come over for dinner and stay the night so i thought WAHEY
im gunna get some
went to the pharmacist and asked the bloke behind the counter for some condoms
"special occasion?"
yeah i said, first night with the new girlfriend, hoping to get lucky
well have fuin said the pharmacist
so anyway, went round her house, sat down for dinner and was asked to say grace
as i was the guest
so stuck my head down and just sat there, after about 5 mins my girlfriend said
"i didnt know you were this religious"
to which i replied "i didnt know your dad was a pharmacist"
*/entirely ficticious*

rubberseal
15-04-2009, 01:11 PM
lets be honest, your not gonna be able to look the dad in the eyes....

shane r
15-04-2009, 01:13 PM
My mrs and I eloped, so when I first met her folks they thought I was just a 'boyfriend' and had no idea I was actually her 'husband'. Her mum took me aside at some point and told me she 'didn't think it was a good idea for us to be living together'.

Oops.

61 stu
15-04-2009, 01:14 PM
My ex's parents were split so the first time i met her Mum we stayed the weekend as they lived up North, her Mum was a bit saucy though and would constantly walk round in her dressing gown making sure i got a glimpse of thigh and cleavage with suggestive comments :eek:

Her dad however took me to the pub and we got pissed and played pool together with his mates :D

Ethics Gradient
15-04-2009, 01:17 PM
One of these "happened to a friend of a friend" stories, so I can't account 100% if it is true, but it sounds plausible;

The young man in question went to meet his girlfriend's parents for Sunday dinner. Unfortunately, he had a few too many the night before and when the plate of Sunday roast was placed on the table he vomited on it. The parents were nice people so they didn't judge him too harshly but he was very embarrased by the whole incident.

The next weekend he arrived at the house (not hungover) and presented the Mother with a large bunch of flowers, chocolates and wine by way of an apology. Unfortunately he sat down on top of their yorkshire terrier on the sofa and broke its back.....

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 01:17 PM
They are just people same as your parents - if they see how happy you make their daughter then that should be enough :)
That's what the missus has said :D

Although I personally think they're gonna wonder if their daughter is blind :o

Salad.dodger
15-04-2009, 01:19 PM
when i met my x's mum and dad the mum had just had a boob job and lips done, i couldnt help but look, she said to me " whats up Andy, do you wanna see my tits or to you want a blowjob" lol

thing is she looked like helena christensen

moggie
15-04-2009, 01:20 PM
the first time my ex came out fer a 'family meal', he & i had been
doing the nasty in an unusual manner earlier on in the day...;)

just before we got to the house to pick the mother up, i've said
to him "now how on earth are u gonna look the woman in the face,
knowing u've been doing her daughter up the wrong'un??"

poor bloke was bright red fer most of the evening :lol:

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 01:26 PM

I bet he loved you for that :lol: :p

Salad.dodger
15-04-2009, 01:26 PM

up the bum:confused::lol:

moggie
15-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I bet he loved you for that :lol: :phehe, i couldn't resist!! i was highly entertained by his discomfort :lol:

at least we were both squirming in our seats that evening ;) :incheek:

up the bum:confused::lol:hehe, yep, up yer bum no babies!! :lol:

Salad.dodger
15-04-2009, 01:34 PM
hehe, yep, up yer bum no babies!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

fucking rock on... :eek::lol:

LeenaLee
15-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Kingsmith knew my mum before he knew me so no problems there (before anyone gets any ideas, we all worked in the same place). An ex's father once told me that I looked like a certain person (who just happened to be the love of my then boyfriend's life). He was not popular, I was not amused.

The Milkman
15-04-2009, 02:30 PM
We went out for diner the first time I met the in-laws, when they served the mother in laws dinner she had diced potatoes.

I looked at them and said "they fucked your chips up"

They still love me 14 years later
:D

betsy!
15-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't tend to make very good first impressions on parents untill they get to know me and realise I'm lovely :incheek:

Just be yourself :D

Pyro
15-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Riding to meet a new girl with her parents for the first time, me on a 9 1/2 foot long purple Triumph lowrider with open pipes. Bloke cuts me up at a set of lights I remove his mirror and start hitting the windscreen with it, hurling abuse and threats of what I'm going to do to him if he gets out. (No it wasnt her dad)
I get to the pub and Tina and her mum walk in, her Dad turns up about ten miutes later, evening goes fine, they are a bit funny with the horrible biker bloke and their (so they think) innocent ickle girl. Time for me to leave and the dad says, "I thought you were going to be a right lunatic when I saw your bike outside."
I go on about maybe first impressions is not really a good idea, judging me by what my bike looked like etc. He replied "No, I was behind the Allegro in Wandsworth road earlier this evening, I think the driver had shit himself..."

Noisy Ninja
15-04-2009, 02:46 PM
As a father of 2 daughters - you will never be good enough :lol:

Chill and be yourself (and don't wipe it on the in-laws curtains!!!) ;)

NN :hug:

Pyro
15-04-2009, 02:48 PM

And always make sure the condom flushes away....:o

The_librarian
15-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I first met Fi's parents in the pissing rain, on a cold January night, when both of us were a bit shaken from having had some arsehole write of her car.

Not the best way to meet anyone.

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 03:04 PM
And always make sure the condom flushes away....:o
:lol:

I've been caught out once or twice with that :o

Schoolboy error really.

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 03:05 PM

That's the problem, I'm too laid back :lol:

I'm nervous now but when I actually meet them I'll be fine, I just don't wanna fall over backwards :lol:

Pyro
15-04-2009, 03:07 PM
That's the problem, I'm too laid back :lol:

I'm nervous now but when I actually meet them I'll be fine, I just don't wanna fall over backwards :lol:

Just tell them that Mr VZI 2009 is your (surrogate) Dad.

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Just tell them that Mr VZI 2009 is your (surrogate) Dad.
I don't want them to think I'm a mentalist :p

Ok, maybe a little bit :D

Tedri Mark
15-04-2009, 03:11 PM
:lol:

I've been caught out once or twice with that :o

Schoolboy error really.

a) You're not supposed to flush them

and

b) I don't think it's a good idea to tell everyone on here you've been messing around with schoolboys. It's kind of a faux pas...

moggie
15-04-2009, 03:12 PM
fucking rock on... :eek::lol:;) :D

Just tell them that Mr VZI 2009 is your (surrogate) Dad.o dear lord, i pity any of didi's fellas meeting u fer the first time!! :crazy:

c'mon, bet u've get some stories to tell about how u terrify them eh?? :lol:

fingy
15-04-2009, 03:14 PM
seee how ugly the mom looks and thats wht youll end up with in 30 years time

aslo check out the moms tits and see what your mrs is going to inheret etc make sure both her parents are working and have pensions and paid mortgages.. otherise dont bother going out with he she will be a burden rather than a bonus

becca86
15-04-2009, 03:14 PM
My friend's boyfriend was pissed all over when he met her dad for the first time ... not the best...!

Pyro
15-04-2009, 03:24 PM
;) c'mon, bet u've get some stories to tell about how u terrify them eh?? :lol:

Last year at action Di was drinking with ruths Daughter Amy and wandering around at 1am, when I heard someone in a Belgian/Dutch? accent say something like "How about those two there?" the reply "are you mad thats Pyro's daughters...." :lol:

Tyzer
15-04-2009, 03:59 PM
a) You're not supposed to flush them

and

b) I don't think it's a good idea to tell everyone on here you've been messing around with schoolboys. It's kind of a faux pas...
Hence me saying schoolboy error :p

moggie
15-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Last year at action Di was drinking with ruths Daughter Amy and wandering around at 1am, when I heard someone in a Belgian/Dutch? accent say something like "How about those two there?" the reply "are you mad thats Pyro's daughters...." :lol::lol: were they worried u'd come out wielding something sharper than yer wit?? :incheek:

skapunk1
15-04-2009, 04:23 PM
:lol: were they worried u'd come out wielding something sharper than yer wit?? :incheek:

you mean like a spoon, or golf ball? :incheek:

moggie
15-04-2009, 04:38 PM
you mean like a spoon, or golf ball? :incheek::lol: a spoon is dull, it'll hurt more (allegedly).

vampirella
15-04-2009, 04:42 PM
first time my husband met my godfather, (my dad's been deceased since I was a teenager) My godfather looke at him and said to him...So when you marrying my girl? You two been living together 3 weeks now..."

My husband, bless him, looked at my godfather and said, "as soon as I can get her convinced it's a good idea"

Then my godfather looked at me and said well?

Next time I got brave enough to take my husband near any of my family was after I accepted the proposal he popped 3 weeks later while we were out clubbing and ended up in a strip club. I was proposed to in a strip club with naked girls everywhere and he only had eyes for me.... that's how I knew he was the one.

Sol Ford
15-04-2009, 08:17 PM
First time I met my girlfriends parents, I went to their toilet, had a No2, flushed, no, flushed again, no, third time, no.

I had to go downstairs and ask if they had anything to unblock the toilet with.

When questioned later by the girlfriend if I was embarrassed by it, I pointed out that it wasn't my toilet that didn't work and it should be her parents who got embarrassed.

We're still together and i've since fixed the toilet free of charge.

pocket.calculator
15-04-2009, 08:21 PM
About 1:10 in is the advice you need...

ihfieZBWT_E

Gal
15-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Tell the mother that your missus takes it up the wrongun. She'll either approve or dis-approve

dragster172
15-04-2009, 08:34 PM
When i first met missus dragsters dad he was sitting in the corner reading his paper...when he finally moved it i did a proper wtf :lol:

Scariest man ever....covered in tattoos from the motorcycle club, head to toe just sat there in his vest and shorts....complete with the teardrop ones under his eyes.

The missus thought it was hilarious of course.

:eek::lol: