: Just been given a generator!

Andy Sweeney
21-08-2011, 11:36 PM
How's that for a bit of good luck - a very little used Wolf WP2200 petrol genny!

Questions is, where can I get or download a user manual.

Can't even find the wolf website, let alone any pdf instructions etc.

Surely a company as big as wolf would have a website?

Jack-the-Bug
21-08-2011, 11:53 PM
I think Omega Wolf went bust a while ago, maybe that's why there isn't a website. Someone on here will hopefully be able to help you.

the darkside
21-08-2011, 11:55 PM
switch to on ,petrol on ,choke on ,pull the cord ;)

dont try and boil a kettle :)

bug.mania
22-08-2011, 12:40 AM
if it still wont start take the fuel tap off and check for corrosion mine did it ended taking the fuel pipes off and cleaned em all out

done it to a coupple now seems to be a common fault

Andy Sweeney
22-08-2011, 08:28 AM
It starts and runs fine, but the revs seem a bit random and I understand that they are supposed to self regulate to the correct speed to maintain 50hz. I there are various springs and levers here and there so I wanted to see what's what to check the mechanisms.

It wasn't donated because it wasn't working, just surplus to requirements from a family friend who lost the manual a while back.

the darkside
22-08-2011, 08:34 AM
from a family friend who lost the manual a while back.

Pass on my condolences ,its never nice when that happens :(

67zippy
22-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Think they are the same as the rebadged ALDI powercraft ones, so i will have a look if i've got the manual for mine, but don,t hold your breath:lol: If i remember correctly, they hunt around a bit until you put them under load, have you tried anything plugged in??:)

fr05ty
22-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Think they are the same as the rebadged ALDI powercraft ones, so i will have a look if i've got the manual for mine, but don,t hold your breath:lol: If i remember correctly, they hunt around a bit until you put them under load, have you tried anything plugged in??:)good advice. if its 2200 its probably rated at 1.5 kw so try plugging in stuff in a ascending scale.

Sam Jelfs
22-08-2011, 09:34 AM
As 67zippy said, on a lot of these small gennys the voltage regulator doesn't work very well without a load on them, plug a lamp in to it and see if it still hunts (least with a lamp if it blows it up it shouldn't cost too much to repair ;) )

monsoir-excelenty
22-08-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.ukhs.tv/

Andy Sweeney
22-08-2011, 10:45 PM
As 67zippy said, on a lot of these small gennys the voltage regulator doesn't work very well without a load on them, plug a lamp in to it and see if it still hunts (least with a lamp if it blows it up it shouldn't cost too much to repair ;) )

It doesn't so much hunt, as wander all over the place. I plugged a150 watt inspection lamp in and it was flickering due to low revs. A prod at some of the lever rods sped it up and improved the situation,but it settled down to a speed too slow.

I need to find the mechanism that regulates the speed. The load doesn't make a difference to the revs.