Volkszone Forum banner

Mk4 golf 1.6 SE automatic[gearbox prob]

Gearbox 
24K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Moho 
#1 ·
I have the above car which has started to play up a bit, it drops down a gear when accelerating then picks up again. Sometimes will rev too far before engaging.I can drive it but its very annoying, will clonk into gear occasionally as well. I thought might need some fresh oil in box and filter, are these boxes prone to loosing oil? as it feels as if theres a lack of oil, is it an easy fix, cheers Andy.:)

#3 ·
It may need an oil change and the pan filter replacing but doing an oil change on these 01M boxes requires that you are able to see the ATF temperature is between 35 and 45 degrees using a diagnostic computer. You will need to replace the filer cap cover, part number 01M 321 435 B, the pan gasket is 096 321 370 and the filter is 01M 325 429. The recommended VAG oil is 5.3 litres of G 052 162 A2 which is a special yellow ATF that is available from a few companies such as Febi. At the same time as using the diagnostic computer for the level check, the fault codes stored on the engine and gearbox computers should be checked to see if anything relevant is stored. Certain engine management faults can cause gearbox issues,

#5 ·
Sorry to ressurect an older thread, and I am also a newbie here. My fiance has what seems to be a similar problem with her 1.6 auto, whereby the shifting from 2nd to 3rd does not occur smoothly and properly; there seems to be a delay between shifts, causing the engine to increase in revs while there is no load on it. We have had the gearbox oil changed, and the ECU threw up no fault codes. We have had the gearbox out and inspected with a full refresh (so, replacment of parts then) but still the problem persists.

Can anyone shed any further light on this problem? I am wondering if it is a throttle position sensor problem or something similar

Thanks,

Matt

#13 ·
Sorry to ressurect an older thread, and I am also a newbie here. My fiance has what seems to be a similar problem with her 1.6 auto, whereby the shifting from 2nd to 3rd does not occur smoothly and properly; there seems to be a delay between shifts, causing the engine to increase in revs while there is no load on it. We have had the gearbox oil changed, and the ECU threw up no fault codes. We have had the gearbox out and inspected with a full refresh (so, replacment of parts then) but still the problem persists.

Can anyone shed any further light on this problem? I am wondering if it is a throttle position sensor problem or something similar

Thanks,

Matt

#7 ·
Please can anyone help, the error code was generated after my car service:
00777 - Accelerator position sensor (G79) 27-10 - Implausible
00529 - Engine speed signal missing 35-00 - -
01314 - Engine control module 49-10 no communication - intermittent

It is something seriouos? and is it expensive to fixed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.