Volkszone Forum banner

VIVA SKEGVEGAS Skegness show update

23K views 62 replies 21 participants last post by  dub dude 
#1 ·
OK nearly every thing is in place for Viva Skegvegas. the show will start around 10.30am on Saturday 17th March 2007 at Xsite skatepark north parade carpark Skegness I have been allocated the over spill carpark next to the skatepark which will accomodate Approx 400 -500, so it would be an idea to get in early. there are trade and swap pitches available at £15.00 paid on the day these are of limited numbers and must be booked in advance, if you are interested let me know. All money raised will help fund the expansion of the skatepark which is a local charity. There will be a show and shine with trophies, a raffel with Top prize of £100.00 GSF Vouchers up for grabs also those nice people at Volksworld have donated a years sub scription to there magazine. And so have UltraVW, with other prizes including free sesions at the skatepark, T-shirts, stickers etc. The park is right on the sea front so any keen kite surfers can get there fill on the beach, any one attending the show will get discounted entry to use the skate park. For directions look out for signs or head for the sea front (Just down the road from natureland)

#2 ·
Right this is not your run of the mill small meet, this is a 'mini' show, opened to both aircooled and watercooled volkswagens...

the venue:

excite skate park, north parade, skegenss, lincolnshire, pe25 1ba

this is a new multimillion skate park which opened earlier this year, myself and friends from an early age were into vw's & Skatebording and as weve progressed we all are still into them and fortunately through our skateboarding and bmx'ing days a few of us founded the organisation that got the skate park to where it is now, so we think its only fair to offer a new kind of date to the vw calendar for this year and hopefully many to come....

'show and shine'

this will be open to both classes, air and water cooled, with trophies for best of aircooled, and for best of watercooled, furthest travelled... and Best of Show So get polishing

'raffle'

various prizes as listed in first post Plus some New ones for water cooled

'food'

snack bar within the skatepark is open for use of dubbers as well as skaters/bmx'ers etc.

'skatepark'

dubbers attending the show will be allowed a discounted entry to the skatepark and discount hire charges for bmx's/boards might be available, or bring your own!!

'autojumble'

there will be a set area for this, so if youve got any bits you wanna swap/sell, bring em along who knows what will happen!!

'parking'

parking is free and there will be a set area for the show and shine people, and the autojumble area , any body wishing to hold a club stand PM and we will reserve a space for you and your set number of cars... Once the allocated space is full the main carpark is pay and display Approx £6.00 (Iam trying to also get this parking for free now so fingers crossed)

'safety'

safety is prime concern at this show to make sure everyone is safe and no people are taking advantage of open spaces etc... those deemed to be causing problems will be asked to leave via security staff, any more problems and the police will be involved (station across the road), safety in the skate park is also a concern, any one wishing to use the the park will be asked to sign a disclamier/membership form so as to any injuries are at your own risk.

why not make a night of it , theres plenty of decent hotels to stop at and skegness nightlife is 2nd to none, please find below links to the skatepark venue and a couple of hotels which are some of the best around which you could possibly stop in if you wanted to make a night of it, there is cheaper alternatives ie: bed and breakfast these are plenty and range from £15 a night but you get what you pay for!! i can only describe skegenss as a very clean mini blackpool....

anyways chek below for links to skatepark/venue and a couple of decent hotels...
skegness is here
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....ble=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=1&scale=2000000

this is the skatepark website (currently under progress)

http://www.xsiteskatepark.co.uk/
http://www.royalrenaissance.co.uk/
anyways, its you the dubbers out there that make these shows/meets what they are so show some support and give it a go!!

hope to see you there Toby, Gaz and the Viva Skeg Vegas Crew

any sponsers are welcome, or people wishing to donate prizes for raffle etc..

#7 ·
slammed 66 said:
Im there already!!!

About time we had a show up this way!

Is it the car park where the chavs hang at the roundabout or the scruffier one at the other end?
It's at the other one but it aint scruffy not now the 1.7millon pound skatepark is there!

#8 ·
jase"n"donna-van said:
lets make this meet one to remember !! and maybe we can find ourselves in the pages of the one and only volksworld and be up there with the rest in many years to come .....hail VIVA SKEGVEGAS..... top job toby!!
Ya would be nice, I know we got some real special cars been finished off for this show ones that havent graced the tarmac of Skeggy yet Keep your eyes peeled!! If this one goes good then we will think about another one next year so tell all yer freinds. Still no news on the pay and display but I'm working on getting that for free. :)

#12 ·
OP said:
Should be up for this if I can get my board relayed up to Notts :) I'll bring a selection of stickers etc if you like ;) What's the park like, any pics? Bit of an old school skater so need bowls and half pipes :hangloose

OP
You need to bring your board mate the park is killer, we got a real nice 4.5 - 5 Ft Mini with Bowled corner and hip.

What stickers yo bringing??? I bloody love stickers :D Come see me I'll be in the Orange Fasty with brown roof

#14 ·
Square/Fast said:
OP just checked your site Dubberwear come find me if you come down, I got some T's and stickers you can put on your site.
Cheers Toby
No worries mate, I'll bring a good selection for the web site and chat to you about the T's etc.

Ahhhhhh the bowl sounds good, will need my board but shouldn't be a probs. Will see if Pip can bring it to Dubfreeze ;)

#19 ·
yup folks this is a FREE ENTRY EVENT!!! ...... so check the other thread in the show bit (dub meet at skeg skate park) ,

loadsa top raffle prizes, all money to charity and a FEE FREE EVENT so get yas selves there.....

:incheek: :bandit: :incheek: :bandit:

#21 ·
karmannben said:
Gonna advertise this on olds-cool-veedubbers should get some interest from there mostly based in the leicester/notts area. Hoping to get my resto done by then. Cool cool cool first meet for the old girl ;)
Wicked mate be nice to see some faces from Notts Leicester way

#24 ·
ill be bungin me new purchase today in show and shine i thinks..... hmm best watercooled would be nice.... its won stuff before... lol

that was it when it won 5th place at ulitmate dubs last year... heres to many more now its in new hands....

:bandit:

roll on

air and water cooled show!!!

get there and be a rectangle....

:elvis:

#25 ·
kniterider said:
ill be bungin me new purchase today in show and shine i thinks..... hmm best watercooled would be nice.... its won stuff before... lol

that was it when it won 5th place at ulitmate dubs last year... heres to many more now its in new hands....

:bandit:

roll on

air and water cooled show!!!

get there and be a rectangle....

:elvis:
That looks nice Gaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.