Volkszone Forum banner

t25 radio wiring????

Electrics 
15K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kafer_meister 
#1 ·
Trying to wire a jvc cd player into my t25. The van has brown, a lightblue and a red wires. Which do what?
cheers

#3 ·
Have you got an electrical tester? Ignition off, test the wires. The one that lights up is your permanent live. Then turn the ignition on, and see which one lights up in addition to the first one. That's your ignition live. Then put the clip from your tester onto the first live wire, and test the remaining wires (NOT the other live one though!). The one that lights up now is your earth. The rest will probably be speakers.

#6 ·
Personally, I would buy some different coloured reels of wire, some crimps, a crimp tool, run those wires from the radio to the unfused side of the fuse box (ground wire to the chassis) and do the job properly.

It's very easy to get access to the type 2 T3's fuse box. Just undo 3 bolts and carefully flip it downwards.

From the radio end:-

Brown to chassis
Red to unfused side of fuse 7 (radio) or any B+ (battery live) terminal from the fuse box
Yellow to unfused side of fuse 10 or any switched live terminal from the fuse box

#7 ·
Bear in mind that if you connect the switched live to a switched live source, you will only be able to use the radio when the engine is running or your ignition is live (which will burn out your coil). T25's (and most earlier VW's) don't have a 3 position ignition switch. I'm just going to wire the switched and permanent lives from the stereo to a permanent (fused) live from the fuse box (well leisure battery in my case).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.