Volkszone Forum banner

turbo questions

454K views 2K replies 75 participants last post by  wastedspark 
#1 ·
hi guys this is the spec of my engine

2332cc CB high roof case, Scat crank 84mm, CB H beam rods, 94mm B+P, Total seal rings, Engle FK10 cam, Scat lifters, Berg chromoly pushrods, Jaycee pushrod tubes, Scat 1.4 rockers, A1 1 3/4 Sidewinder exhaust ceramic header and stainless back box Vband clamp and Lambda bung, Deep sump, Jeff Denham welded heads 44 x 37 valves heavily reworked with matching manifolds, Bosch alternator, welded fan all new tinware, Berg linkage, Fuel injection kit-CB throttle bodies, DTA engine management box complete wiring harness, fuel pump, filter and regulator, MSD coil pack, flywheel machined for crank trigger all sensors 9.51 comp ratio

now looking at fitting a turbo set up can anybody help with the spec

thanx andy

#876 ·
Andy, all the 'Names' are here. Maybe Scat would be worth talking to as they do the matching f.wheel for the flanged crank, they do a multi plate version for the small dia tilton style clutch, . the trouble is without a drawing or working pattern is the time and cost of pattern making, A VW company would be a LOT quicker, mine was 6 mths with a pattern, Spoken to the Bergs?http://www.performancemarket.com/cranks.htm

#878 ·
when you speak to fardon make sure your sitting down when you get the price. i still cant work out how the vw performance parts are so cheap [even if they are made in china] compeared to any other engine.
steel crank for a pinto from wilcox compertition is £1200 and steel H rods are £700.

#879 · (Edited)
bit done today ive been looking at the fly wheel ive had made im sure i can get it machined for Flange crank that would save a bit og money lol

fitted the bearing housing and trial fitted the brakes before welding the a arms in place

the wheels are on the will need a 30mm spacer

but they are on ish

cheers andy

#886 ·
cheers i was getting there :rolleyes:ive been messing about most of the week trying to sort the ride height out, ive got to move the A arm mounts as i havent as much room a i thouht i may have :(

after 3 hours 20 1mm cutting disks and a blown up grinder

so thats one mount done just got to weld the rest up and buy a new grinder lol

cheers andy

#898 ·
Yesss rear suspension is done even adjusted so it's straight lol

Now I've got mess about with the rear wheel offset to get rid of the spacers, a few bits of body work to sort tmw fitting the wing mounts and a few other bits then back to bruce for paint

Cheers andy

#905 · (Edited)
Flip fronts are the new 1641!!! every ones gonna want one, do it now!
ohhh yeah, roof chop theres a thought :lol: good idea alex:lol:
You lot keep your ideas to your self you know I don't need much encouragement :lol:

stick to your guns Andy, no more chopping!!
Just a little

On to the body work welding first up rear wing mounts

Then test fit the wings and the bonnet that (java) doesn't fit :mad:

Welded up a load of unused holes, so tmw dash and camera mounts

Cheers andy

#906 ·
seamed to take an age today to mod the rear valance but all done :)

swaged the dzus fasteners in

bonnet pin mounts

and andys tip of the day for welding up big holes in sheet steel lol :lol:

put some copper sheet behind and weld to that takes away the heat from the panel and steel doesnt stick to it :)

then just grind flat just like new

cheers andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.