Volkszone Forum banner

South African T25/T3 microbus 2.5i

Engine 
8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Joe Knocker 
#1 ·
Hi ya all im in need of some help bad!!! I have a south african vw T25 microbus 2.5i and i am having problems finding parts for it as no one can identify the chassis number or engine code does any one have any ideas on where i can get parts from or what European engine code should i be getting the parts for any help would be most grate full im about to pull my hair out!!!!

#3 ·
ah nice one!!!!!! well im after a few to be honest!! i need a new cambelt, water pump, sump and seals and i think im going to need a new exhaust manifold as well!!! normal bits but no one seemed to be able to help as soon as i said 2.5i or south african but you is a star!!!!!

#4 ·
Timing belt is Audi 2.2 as is the water pump.
The sump and seals should also be the same but not 100% as i never had to change them on the 2 i owned.

As for the manifold i'm thinking that is Audi as well but the downpipe is SA specific.
You could always have a 5 into one stainless manifold made up if you get really stuck.

The best person to ask for definate part numbers would be someone with access to VW SA's ETKA or ETOS system.

Or send Stuart Stirling at the Syncro Hospital an email asking him if he'll supply you with all the part numbers you need.
http://www.syncrohospital.co.za/contactUs.asp
Don't worry he's very helpful and i'm sure if you ask nicely he'll be able to help you out.

#5 ·
Also registering on the Brick-Yard and Club80-90 won't do you any harm as there's a few SA T3 owners on those two forums and they'll be more than willing to help you out with any other questions you may have.
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/

Nealy forgot..Russel at Syncro Nutz is South African and he's well clued up on SA T3's.
http://www.syncro-nutz.com/

See there's no need to panic anymore. ;)

#6 ·
thanks so much!!!! that is so much help, you is a super star!!! i was thinking about getting a stainless manifold as the rest is stainless any way so there is one prob soveld, and as for the audi 100 you don't know what the engine code is for the 2.2i as there is 8 just want to make shaw i get the right lump! i have already been on brick-yard i need to go back on there and ask around for help again but once again thanks so much for the info! I'll keep ya posted!!

#7 · (Edited)
I have just emailed Stuart Stirling, with some luck im hopping he will get back to me soon! Im also down loading vw etka at the mo haven't found a sa one yet but once it's finished down loading there are add on's to down load as well so im hoping it will be in there some where!!! as for brick-yard im chatting to another SA VW owner later who is being very very help full, im going to see how that goes then get back on the case after tomorrow!!!
P.S I have been looking at the audi 2.2 and would it be a MC block i should be getting bit's for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.