Electrics MK3 Polo wiring diagram - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Watercooled Mechanical Tech

Watercooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Watercooled Mechanical Issues. Golfs, Sciroccos, Polos, T4s, T5s etc. You know the score, got a problem? Ask here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.
Forum Sponsored by: www.CoastVW.co.uk Classic Volkswagen Services

Coast VW

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 13-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
john6177
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Default MK3 Polo wiring diagram

Hi,

I have just fitted a replacement fan to my 1991 MK3 VW Polo,
I have noticed that the power plug in for the electric fan motor has a different number of pin connections, The old one has three where the replacement has got only two connections to connect it to the power supply. I have three wires in the loom plug, 1 brown and two red.
what is the best way to connect the loom plug to the replacement fan motor which has only two connections.
any Ideas

John
Old 14-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Crasher
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

You need to fit the correct fan. You have fitted a single speed fan and you have a two speed feed.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread