fortrose nr inverness - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > VZI CAMPSITES > Scotland

Scotland Campsites in Scotland

Advertise on Volkszone.com

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
topsy
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default fortrose nr inverness

What a wonderful site - fantastic location on the shore of the moray firth, and friendly owners who also lent us their phone when we locked the dog and keys in the van (thankfully the RAC weren't too long in rescuing her). The showers and toilets are nice and clean, as is the laundry and washing up room. Last year it was 17 per night for the van, the large awning, and that's with two adults, two teenagers and a dog.

Fortrose itself is a lovely little town, with a very good local pub (the Union) and a very posh pub (the Anderson), the local butcher also has very fine burgers, though you cook these yourself (on a fire on the beach under a full moon maybe!)! The shops are good and the folks there are friendly.

An easy mile walk to Channory point lighthouse where there is a little pebble beach, and the best dolphin watching place in the world (I think). And we saw dolphins everyday, just after low tide is the best time in summer as they follow the salmon up stream. Just mere feet away from the shore they leap out of the water tossing salmon with their noses as they hunt and feed, fantastic! Take your chairs and stove to the beach, and enjoy a hearty breakfast whilst waiting for the dolphins to appear, we did and it was one of the best breakfasts we've ever had!

And, yep, that's a 3 tonne dolphin leaping towards just 20 ft away
topsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
swede280575
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL!

think ill try this one thanks
swede280575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
armour
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (1)

i second this fantastc site

armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Bengal_Boy
Chat Virgin

Excellent - thanks for the reports folks - this will be one site we'll definitely visit.
Bengal_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
lewrssll
Chat Slapper

Just to add, I have a few friends in Avoch and they say if you have the van and not going to pitch down etc, you will get away with one night at the channory point. I usually visit when up this neck of the woods and never dissapoints.
Also in the local area is the black isle brewery in Tain, worth a visit and stock up on the blondes
Originally Posted by dog1 View Post
big girls dont cry!
lewrssll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
armour
Chat Virgin

Just back from another weekend visit rained most of it but got some great displays from the dolphins s which makes it worth while
armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
48pop
Seasoned Chat Slut

hi folks

Are you recommending the Fortrose Caravan Park at Wester Greengates or the Caravan and camping club site up near the golf course?

Cheers
Gerry
48pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
SJC3101
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewrssll View Post
Just to add, I have a few friends in Avoch and they say if you have the van and not going to pitch down etc, you will get away with one night at the channory point. I usually visit when up this neck of the woods and never dissapoints.
Also in the local area is the black isle brewery in Tain, worth a visit and stock up on the blondes
Wish I'd seen this before I went but good to know. I went there to see the dolphins then did a spot of wild camping just down the road at Munlochy Bay.
SJC3101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread