recommendations for a mk2 golf gti head refurb? - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > CLUB FORUMS > H20

H20 The watercooled scene is growing quickly in the UK - talk with other owners here. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum in Chat/Discussion) . . . and please don't use JUST to post links to other VW Forums/websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted. Forum available for sponsorship

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
Phatman
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Nice work, good inspiration for the original poster to get working on a spare head :-)
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #13
James86
Chat Slapper

Thanks alot guys definately a lot to think about there, been on holiday hence the lack of response!

that PB head looks fantastic!!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
nikolia655
Chat Virgin

hi, i have a mk2 golf 1.6 driver and im currently working on a gti 8v head to put on it i have allready converted it to a webber carb and jetex exhaust system, and now want to do pretty all the things you have listed in this "I have then done my own stage 3 head porting. Back cut exhaust valve with single stage exit. Inlet valves polished, 3 angle. Land Zone rounded edge.

Chamber Valve de-shrouding taking it back to the gasket limits, smoothed and rounded.

Chambers smoothed, rounded, exhaust ports widened and stems cut to Port floor. Reshaped and edges smoothed. Max flow through port, mainly done for Turbo apps.

Inlet port swirl modified for twist on intake and mixing.Smoothed and slighly wide. This allows for the air and fuel mix to lay on the piston in a circular motion. Gives an even burn. " however i have only ever rebuilt heads as standard and never ported or anything. could you post some links that maybe help explain how to do all these things cheers.
nikolia655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
dubsteps
Chat Virgin

I'm looking at getting this done at headkins in Cornwall, my pb head will be left standard tho
dubsteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread