Anyone know about autographs? Value. - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 16-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
forgotmepassword
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (2)

Default Anyone know about autographs? Value.

I found an old postcard from when I was about 9, and on it is the autographs of FC Porto the portuguese ootball team. I was on holiday in Portugal in 1979 and the team were staying in the same hotel. I went up to the captain and asked for his autograph. He signed the postcard and then took me round each player for them to sign.
Does anyone on here know if it has any value or where I could get it valued and a fair price? Thanks
forgotmepassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
alrohdich
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (3)

I have a Norman wisdom autograph
alrohdich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
clarkson
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (1)

The only autographs I own are the from the members of Wolfsbane.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
mr slug
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (3)

I have a few autographs, or more accurately - signed documents.

My understanding is that the value is increased enormously if they are not just a lone signature on a bit of paper.

My Dad had Charles Dickens autograph, didn't make much money at all - however, Robby Burns signature on a cheque (for 3d) made a considerable sum at Auction.
mr slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread