Has anyone done Trade Plate car delivery jobs ? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 14-04-2017, 10:22 PM   #1
Piotrb45
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Has anyone done Trade Plate car delivery jobs ?

I've been looking for a job and I cant find any company looking for new trade plate car delivery drivers.

Anyone done this sort of thing?

And know if any one is who is hiring

I am 18 hold driving licence for a year now

would it be possible for me to get hired ??

Thanks
Piotrb45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
GlenAnderson
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (18)

Best of luck. I think your age and lack of driving experience will really count against you. I doubt very much that any potential employers are going to be able to insure you under 21, and strongly suspect that you'd need to be over 25. They're likely to want a minimum of three years driving experience too.

I did a bit of it about 20 years ago and, to be honest, it's a pretty shit job. Back then it paid the minimum agency rate, and you were on your own with regards to getting home. Unless you like hitching, walking, and standing in the rain for hours, for no more money than stacking shelves, then there are a million other jobs out there that are better.

Like I say, best of luck. If you're determined, you'll find something.
Old 15-04-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
eddypeck
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (2)

Don't suppose you live near a docks? Not quite the same job but I did some casual work driving import jap cars off the ships and loading back the export jags and land rovers :-)

Ideal if you're looking to drive lots of different brand new cars.
eddypeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
standard60
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (2)

Pretty much did it for 20 odd years mate
You are to young I reckon 25 for the insurance is the limit...
It's good and bad I've done 2k in a month but very experienced and good work to back that up...
Coxy on here sometimes advertising for drivers he runs a company called Cevl based in Telford sound guy good company fair wage
Drop him a pm....
standard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
eagle
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (16)

I've also done it. Up and out at 6am collecting say a car from Weymouth and I lived in Torquay back then. Deliver it up to Birmingham and then back home. Maybe another smaller job in between. Yes on some days it was wet cold miserable and some sunny. Normally back in time for Midnight. I see they issue a smart phone nowadays. I wouldn't do it again.
eagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread