Hose for Tilley stove wanted - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Items Wanted - NON AUTO

Items Wanted - NON AUTO Private sales in response to 'wanteds' only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor. Become a Member Sponsor here. Please read the sticky threads BEFORE posting - it may save you time in the long run.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 16-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
Blue72
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Hose for Tilley stove wanted

High pressure hose for tilley stove wanted - with threaded fittings both ends (NPT I think...)

I already have the tap for the bottle (direct bottle feed - no regulator) , just need the hose from the tap to the stove

Thanks
Blue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
bungle
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (24)

Most decent camping/caravanning shops should be able to supply that bud.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
Blue72
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
Most decent camping/caravanning shops should be able to supply that bud.
Do they exist anymore??! Been into a couple of caravan supplies shops and they looked at me like I fell out the sky!

If I had imperial thread gauges to work out what they are I could probably find something online....

Last edited by Blue72; 10-05-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
targed
Wannabe Chat Slut

The consensus is that these have been unavailable since the 1970s. For health and safety reasons the modern stuff uses a regulator that sets straight onto the bottle and uses low pressure hose. In the 70s this wasn't a problem so high presssure hose was used as the regulator efffectively was in the stove itself.
I have a 70s Tilley stove that has a damaged hose that I would love to replace, but I've never been able to source one.
Let me know please if you ever find a supplier.
Thanks
Jon
Old 11-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #5
moogster
Chat Slapper

Would a hose off a primus not fit as you can still buy these for the early butane/propane stoves direct from primus. Also try www.tilleylampsandstoves.com They mainly stock stuff for paraffin lamps n stoves but may be able to help.
moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
Blue72
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by targed View Post
In the 70s this wasn't a problem so high presssure hose was used
LPG was less flammable then

Quote:
Originally Posted by targed View Post
I have a 70s Tilley stove that has a damaged hose that I would love to replace, but I've never been able to source one.
I'm torn between converting it to use a regulator and just keeping the retro look, or finding a way to connect straight to the cylinder...will let you know if I find a way
Reply Post New Thread