General T25 with 130 PD Passat engine ??? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Watercooled Mechanical Tech

Watercooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Watercooled Mechanical Issues. Golfs, Sciroccos, Polos, T4s, T5s etc. You know the score, got a problem? Ask here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 17-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
Westfield69
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (4)

Default T25 with 130 PD Passat engine ???

Going to look at this, any thoughts or advice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T25-198...p2047675.l2557
Westfield69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #2
Bugsy_Malone 666
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield69 View Post
Going to look at this, any thoughts or advice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T25-198...p2047675.l2557
Well I guess one of the biggest issues with 'converted' vehicles is what parts bin they have borrowed from.

I have converted my own camper in the past (1.6td golf engine) and its fine because I converted it in the first place and intended to keep it, but depending on your experience in the future, how do you know if its got stock this or stock that or an obscure part that you dont know what its from (or your mechanic).

I'm also a little unsure about about the whole '6 speed' thing it could be an passat/audi gearbox conversion where they turn the gearbox upside down, lots say its fine, I still have reservations about it because the gearbox is designed to work a particular way up, so turning it upside down seems questionable.

Also there is the tuning side, 190bhp from those 1.9PD engines is easily possible but I'd question how long it would live for, in standard form I am under the impression there was 110,130,150bhp version of this engine, apparently the 150bhp version didnt last all that well and it was designed like it so putting 190bhp through a 130bhp diesel begs a couple of questions.

...One day I'll finish it all.
Bugsy_Malone 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #3
Westfield69
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (4)

Thanks for that mate, I do have reservations with something played with so much.
Westfield69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #4
Goldfeesh
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

It's not an uncommon conversion though so there would be a load of help if you needed it.

I've scooby powered my bug and t25 though so I'm not against modernising.
Goldfeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
Bugsy_Malone 666
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfeesh View Post
It's not an uncommon conversion though so there would be a load of help if you needed it.

I've scooby powered my bug and t25 though so I'm not against modernising.
Neither am I, If its done properly conversions can be great and almost 'factory', so like sticking the 1.9PD tdi engine in a T25 is fine with stock box and stock setups, but start modding everything, how will the next person know what on earth you have played with. One big problem is wrongly tuned engines can shorten the lifespan of the engine.

I love stock engines in most of these vehicles, but would totally put other engines in if it was for myself, but for other people unless its an off the shelf conversion (like the subaru with the RJES conversion), unless your a demon with spanners you could buy yourself into trouble.

...One day I'll finish it all.
Bugsy_Malone 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread