Volkszone Forum banner

Is this gorgeous or grim? 911 Content

142K views 2K replies 85 participants last post by  Brian Burrows 
#1 · (Edited)
#16 ·
The first one looks fine, apart from the old man's cardigan/slacks/shirt/sock (usually all worn together) colour...
The "Oh but it's LHD" argument is just from pansies that can't drive and probably only need their cars to visit tesco once a week.

The black one would worry me - sat in a garage in Blackpool for ten years probably means it has more holes than a catering box of Tetley's Tea bags.

#17 ·
Great or Grim?
Great!

That is really nice.

The 'cherished' is good for straining tea at a guess.
I'd have the tea bag. I wouldn't want £5k in it though.

for all the reasons you dislike i like

theres far to many red/white all singing models out there

IMO
True, although I can appreciate a nice genuine clean one in any colour / trim.

You are my "bad meaning good" taste barometer :D
:lol:

yeah i get what you mean :)

i still prefer the 912 , i shouldn't but i do :)
I prefer the crome bumper 911 and the 912 over these, marginally. But if I had a 912 it would have to have an IDA'd 2276 in.

Now..... this is a bit of me...

I'd roll this in a flash!

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=68195

That is absolutely gorgeous to me.
I appreciate both, but the beige one is 'cooler' to me, no doubt.

I have mentioned that mine is going from orange to beige haven't I? :D I IZ KOOL :cool:

#25 ·
I can see why you like it. Straight, honest and clean....just like your men. Crap colour, sure, but condition looks great. The orange one does it for me though but I have a real thing for orange cars so I'm biased.
:)

#27 ·
I love 911's. The one in the eBay link is probably the first one I've seen that I wouldn't want! The colour scheme is just nasty, sorry. Don't mind beige as a rule but that is just BROWN. And it has the ugly US spec headlights.
If I managed to obtain a Porsche and it looked like that I'd be forever disappointed.

#28 ·
Looks cool Andy - lose the shark fins and the nasty headlights and it would look even better - price seems high for a Cali import though - there was a really clean cream coloured 911 sc from Cali for sale last year - brown leather interior and chrome window trim with only 37k from new - it was £ 17995.00

#29 ·
I kind of get the 'wanna be' image of a whale tailed Guards red or Grand prix white 80's carrera compared to a slightly earlier car or none whale tailed version.

I was just casually looking around the web last night for no reason whatsoever, at all, really, nothing to see here.... and was getting the right old horn for Carrera 3.0's and 2.7 Carreras.

Most of the info out there is for shitty de-tuned smog'd up yankers....

What's the story with full fat Euro-spec 'early' Carreras? All I could gather was that the Carrera 3.0 was basically the 3.0 turbo motor without the turbo and over 200 bhp.... and chrome window trim.... and OMG they are sooooo horny. (And the 2.7 too?)

Any info or resources?

No reason.

#38 ·
I like that. No spoiler FTW. Combo of wheels, chrome and interior and lack of spoiler. If that was dark blue, beige, sepia brown etc etc it would still be lovely. The sad thing about most I've seen this sort of colour is that the panels are usually different shades!

Just a quick question andy..whats with all the weird gifs in your posts?
:lol:

#36 ·
They express the emotion towards the content of my post in a manner I find amusing, far better than I could type.

Some are just for a giggle, some I find hilarious. I'm pleaed by very simple things.... you know, like the slinky spring that makes it's way down the stairs.

#42 ·
Yeah, that would be nice.... but it all stems back to a childhood dream.

My neighbor rocked up with a brand new 1986 911 Turbo and my eyes were out on stalks. It might as well have been a space ship from another planet. I was absolutely captivated by it and the whale tail was the icing on the cake.

He took me out for a spin and gave it some serious stick, which to a 11 year kid was just unbelievable. My dad took these pictures when we got back from the drive.

So, a little part of me has always wanted to 'go there' for myself - a bit like the Lambo.

But, as you grow older and is some cases wiser, your tastes change. For most of my life that car has always been a modern current sports car, long after it became old and obselete.... These days, there's just a touch of 'trying too hard' about them, maybe I should just accept them as an old classic now and embrace that they are old smelly and oily and not a modern car like my childhood fantasy remembers. In this vein, there's something cooler (there's that word again) about a less obvious, earlier car in a more subtle colour and without all the trinkets...?

Dunno if that makes sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.