Volkszone Forum banner

Highrange - in Aviemore

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Kustom_Interiors 
#1 ·
Good clean toilet/shower block, kiddies play park is a bit minimal and a wee bit tatty. Site has a good range of pitches.

Location is very good - on the outskirts of the village (5-7min walk into the centre) where there is an array of shops, restaurants, pubs etc.

On site itself is a pretty good Italian restaurant with a bar and sports on the TV if that's your thing.

Overall a good place to break your journey with an overnight stop if travelling north/south or even a good central location to base yourself for exploring the Cairngorm region

#2 ·
Good stuff - the wife and I fancy doing a bit of exploring in the highlands next year. Will look into using that as a stopping off point.

We love going to Park Cliffe in the Lakes for some weekend breaks, amazing site - highly recommended

#6 ·
Highrange campsite

We've camped here as it's walking distance to the town of Aviemore and also to the Bridge Inn pub. You have take-away pizza on your doorstep (if that's your thing) and the shower block is accessed via a key fob.

The pitches are in two places, open air right near the road or higher up under the trees on a sort of dirt hard packed gravel. These are a bit quieter but you can hear the road. We've stayed here 6 years and only once I really heard the road noise, wind must blow a different way in May!

I love the other campsite, but this is a bit easier to leave you camper and walk into town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.