Volkszone Forum banner

flexacryl; is the stuff any good? (builders/roofers/diy gurus)

8K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Passion 4 
#1 ·
Our portico style entrance was a slightly curved, solid roof (?) construction that I think had just been sealed through the use of some kind of paint or some kind of thinish roof seal?

Unfortunately this has cracked in places and has resulted in an ingress of water :(

So was wondering if I part or fully strip the existing coating off, is flexacryl a good option to re-coat it with?

Thanks in advance..,

#3 · (Edited)
Have used in the past Chris like acropol I think like fibre paint stuff.
Ok for temp fix then do later.
Saying that I did an old boys as a temp fix with acropol it's thick clupy stuff with fibres in and when it seals and dry it's great flexy stuff...that was 16 years ago over a flat roof and still not leaked.
He wanted a fast fix as could not afford to do a reroof at the time I see him from time to time and amazed it's still good.

Not sure what the roof is..get me a pic;)

#5 ·
Cheers Steve :) I'll get you a pic in the morning in the light, it's slightly curved area over a Victorian type portico entrance to the house, maybe some kind of concrete screed maybe?

#6 ·
Tams just been reading over me shoulder..said that's what she wants a portico entrance..she just explained what they are as she's been looking to buy one apparently for our new project.

That stuff should be ok mate for a fast cheap fix..if you can get acropol mate get that as tried and tested.

#7 ·
Hi Steve, found an old pic…

When you are facing the house, the roof area of the portico bit curves up to the middle & then down again left to right and I think it slopes a bit back toward the house, I can get a better bit of the curvature it it helps tomorrow…

An old guy recommended the Flexacryl stuff, like you said, it has fibres in it making it tough & flexible and it's supposed to last for ages?

#8 ·
Love the porch mate proper grand..just love places of real caracter.

Does it have an internal roof..just need to check if it has an internal outlet pipe that it's alway clear of leaves and don't seal it up.

#9 ·
Cheers :) yeah, there are some nice properties round here, would suit you very nicely!

Think I will need to get the power washer onto the roof first to give it a proper clean!

Not sure what the top curved finish is made of and I assume there is some kind of void beneath it as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.