Volkszone Forum banner

carb problem....two poorly carbs...

Engine 
1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Manxdavid 
#1 ·
İ am having problems with two apparently decent 34/3 carbs i have and am wondering if it is time to buy a new carb or press on with getting a complete rebuild of at least one of them done or are these things getting past their 'life' span!??...(İ am in Turkey where getting highly skilled things done is difficult and i cant do it myself!)...ie bushes etc

#9 · (Edited)
If you want twin carbs, I wouldn't recommend using two stock VW single carbs. They won't be jetted correctly and they don't have the same availability of interchangeable jets / venturis / emulsion tubes that you will get with performance carbs.

That's not to say that they won't work, but it ain't going to be straightforward getting two single Solexes to work (well) as twins.

Sureley there must be some old alfasuds on the breakers yards ? They came with Weber 36 or 40 IDF's or Dellorto 36 or 40 DRLA's That's your ideal carbs right there. Most parts / jets are still available.

Dave.

#10 ·
I was assuming he just wanted one good 34pict3 carb but had ended up with a collection of junk ones, the guy does ask a lot of questions though so he may have moved on from this.

#12 ·
İ ask a lot of questions because finding spares here in Turkey is very difficult due to import controls.

İ am not Turkish but i am older and pretty useless on a computer!(and cars)..

İ was asking about twin carbs a long time ago because i saw issues with my current standard single carb set up. İ have decided to keep it standard for simplicity of maintainence...

#17 ·
From experience, the Brosol ones are utter crap and the EMPI ones make good novelty paper weights.
I've never played with an EMPI carb and have never had any luck with Brosol ones. I used to like the little single Webers that they sold a few years (decades maybe?)ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.