Volkszone Forum banner

T25 1.9 TD Oil from breather pipe

Engine 
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kank 
#1 ·
Hi,
I’ve recently brought a 1.9TD converted T25, and its seems oil is coming out the breather pipe and dripping on the axel, thus covering everything in oil, including the back of the van due to its brick aerodynamics.....

My local garage said it’s just because the engine is slightly leaning over ( to make it fit the engine bay) and they’re not sure what to suggest apart from moving the breather pipe a bit to stop it blowing out so much.

Is this a common problem, or has the conversion just been bodged, anyone know if it’s an easy fix, or a good garage that could sort it or anyone in the TN postcode area that knows what they’re doing want to do it for some cash ?

Or have a brought a piece of s**t problem do you think ?

Would £500 get an engine change if I have, either sticking with diesel or going aircooled.

#3 ·
Check your oil level first.

The AAZ or 1Z dip sticks will be wrong due to the T25 sump which "should" of been used so get a new oil filter and put in 4.5 ltrs of oil then mark the dip stick, if this has already been done then the check where the breather pipe is going.

On a standard set up AAZ (ie not in a T25) the oil breather system goes from the bottom of the right hand side of the engine to the top rocker cover then to the inlet pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.