Volkszone Forum banner

How much does a respray cost?

13K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  flat4fanatic 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

Before I ask, I know that it is a "how long is a piece of string" question, but can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost for a complete respray of a T2 panel van.

Thanks to all for looking and the advise, I appreciate it guys!!!:)

#3 ·
£1000-5000 as a guide , maybe less for a hack job in a barn , or more for stunning show work
I know you've acknowleged already that its a piece of string question, but really the above guide is as narrow as can be given with the info you have given. £1000 on a panel in terms of respray will be dire.

Considering you'll need 4-5 litres of paint, which will cost around £300 if in a decent quality brand, then all other primers, laquer if the van is done in basecoat, etc etc sundries etc, means £400 labour isn't going to get you anything but crap.

£5000 if you are just having it resprayed, i.e no real major bodywork, just extensive show standard prep and paint would get you a show worthy van, but the more extensive bodywork the van needs, the less of a show finish you'll get for your £5k.

Stick a pic up of all the bad areas on the panel, and someone will give you a better idea of price.

#4 ·
I just had my camper resprayed with all prep work done for £3000. I bought a replacement door and the new seals they did all the welding, grinding filling etc. I think they gave me a really good price and they were great guys that did the job so i am happy to recommend them. look for The Car Refurb Centre in Worcester.

#6 ·
Go on reputaion not price. I've seen plenty of terrible expensive jobs and a few excellent cheapies, but it's all down to the person doing the job. Ask around locally for recommendations and go and see some of their work and talk to previous customers if possible. Bear in mind that materials paint etc will be about £500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.