Volkszone Forum banner

A H Schofield & Discounts

11K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  paddy 
#1 ·
There I am in needs of £200 worth of parts.

So E-mail them and ask if I can have the discounts offered by having joining certain clubs..

Yes they say.. But cheeper if you buy at the shows..

Will I still get my discount?

Yes of course 5-10%.

Get to Slough and guess what..

No Discount - Even explaind about e-mails..

Show discount ? No ! Paid their book price !

Stuff you Alan Schofield.. Others said I would get the clubs discount if I asked and took your word you would too.

Sure you havent lost a lot of trade just from me.. So your'e not probably worried about it. But sure others should be aware that driving over 100 miles to get some Show Price and a Discount wont happen and you will just pay LIST PRICE.

Honour and a Gentlemans agreement works fine with me. Neither you can commend yourself with.

Rant over :moon:

See less See more
#3 ·
Alan is a true gent who has made the scene what it is today by over 20 years of hard work, how much do you think it costs to trade at a show? I'm amazed that people like him pay staff to work a weekend, pay transportation and accomadation and show fees, and still get slagged off, far easier not to bother and just sell on the 'net:rolleyes:

#7 ·
There I am in needs of £200 worth of parts.

So E-mail them and ask if I can have the discounts offered by having joining certain clubs..

Yes they say.. But cheeper if you buy at the shows..

Will I still get my discount?

Yes of course 5-10%.

Get to Slough and guess what..

No Discount - Even explaind about e-mails..

Show discount ? No ! Paid their book price !

Stuff you Alan Schofield.. Others said I would get the clubs discount if I asked and took your word you would too.

Sure you havent lost a lot of trade just from me.. So your'e not probably worried about it. But sure others should be aware that driving over 100 miles to get some Show Price and a Discount wont happen and you will just pay LIST PRICE.

Honour and a Gentlemans agreement works fine with me. Neither you can commend yourself with.

Rant over :moon:
Why didn't you take up the discount as soon as they offered it?

#9 ·
2 things spring to mind. Firstly, why did you ask/expect a discount? Do you get to the checkout at Tesco and haggle :confused: On the face of things, you ordered a relatively small amount of parts. I could understand if you were ordering thousands of pounds worth, but a few hundred quid :rolleyes:

Secondly, pick up the phone and ring them! You're dragging a good company name through the mud for a fucking tenner!!! Have you not thought that maybe it was someone that didn't know that you'd got a discount? I think you're over reacting dude...

#21 ·
He can't be expected to give a discount if his stuff is already marked down? Where's the margin and what's the point in him selling the stuff? He has a living to make just like everyone else. I don't work for nothing, in fact I have yet to meet anyone who does

#24 ·
The guy who welded my split insisted I source the panels he needed via Schofields. Speaks volumes. The prices were good, the quality excellent. They made a minor error on a large-ish order (wrong year panel supplied), phoned up, and correct part arrived next day, as for the wrong part, they just said no problem, just keep it. Spot on.

#30 ·
And just to add to the supporters..... Rick (Alans other main worker) has met me in laybys near where I live twice at agreed times to drop stuff off to me. What sort of service is that ?

Fucking good service.

Mind.... I wouldn't have been able to get this sort of service if i didnt chat to Rick or Alan on the phone and work out our movements... no, not the bowel kind ;) Its good to talk. ;)

One of the best companies in the scene IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.