Volkszone Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'The Zombie' 1959 Lowlight Karmann Ghia

For Sale 
36K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Funky Old Patina 
#1 · (Edited)
Sadly I'm having to sell my 1959 Lowlight Ghia known by most as 'The Zombie'.
Unfortuantely I just can't justify keeping her anymore with my current situation due to my illness and not being able to work now or in the foreseeable future.
Her Original Colour is Cognac and is still there on the lower half and the interior.
She is Narrowed and Lowerd with a VolksFab 4" Narrowed Adjustable Beam, CB Performance Dropped Spindals and Air Shocks (She has a Full Air Suspension Kit, I only had time to fit the Front before I became really ill but obviously she will come with the Rear bolt on Setup and everything you need to fit it) and shes Lowered 1 Inner Spline at the Rear.
Shes had new Floorpans, spare wheel well and is completely solid, all Welding needed has been done, see my Reader rides Thread for Details - http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=390251
No MOT or Tax Disc, currently SORN'd becasue of all the work I've been doing on it up till recently, the only thing it Failed it's last MOT on was the Welding work it needed which has just been done.
Unique Custom Interior, Leather Buckets, Matching Black Rear Seat, Potato Sack Door Cards and Matching Rear Cards, New Carpets, Complete '59 Only Steering Wheel, Uncut Dash with Original Radio.
Shes had All New Window Rubbers, Front, Back and Sides.
She Runs a Mildly Tuned 1641 with Pertronix Ignition, Genuine Italian Twin 36 Webbers, 4 into 1 Ceramic Header and QuitePack.
She Had a full 5 Page Feature with Centre Page Poster in VolksWorld Magazine June 2006.
She has alot of History and Quite a Story behind her, she also has all the Original Documents and Invoice from 1959!
She is UK Registered, I just haven't had any Number Plates made up.
I'm sure theres lots of stuff I've missed out.
Any Questions Please Ask.
Now for the Price, It owes me more than this and due to my situation I really can't afford to let it go for alot less £10,000 although as always there is room for negotiation and will consider any Sensible Offers.

See less See more
#5 ·
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! :eek:

Never thought you would sell EVER :(

Having driven this and loved it i would say £10000 is cheap, It's the most amazing ghia people do just and look and smile when you drive this.

The engine is sweet pulls like a train and due to it having Air suspension you can get over most speed bumps (my local ones are HUGE).

I will be sorry to see this go :(

#6 ·
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! :eek:

Never thought you would sell EVER :(

Having driven this and loved it i would say £10000 is cheap, It's the most amazing ghia people do just and look and smile when you drive this.

The engine is sweet pulls like a train and due to it having Air suspension you can get over most speed bumps (my local ones are HUGE).

I will be sorry to see this go :(
I know.... I Will Cry when I see it drive away! :(

#10 ·
Hi, yes I've just read it, thats a very tempting offer, I'll have to think about it over the weekend and let you know.

#13 ·
Cheers, just put her up on there aswell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.