Volkszone Forum banner

[MERGED]Air cooled VW/Porsche engine yoke/dolly.

28K views 86 replies 26 participants last post by  beetlejak 
#1 · (Edited)
Engine yoke is constructed of thickwall steel pipe and cnc plasma cut 6mm heavy plate steel.
Fits all air-cooled VW and Porsche engines/transaxles.Engine mounting ring and four arm design reduces the chance of case damage. Engine yoke fits most roll-round stands(Clark/sealy)with a 60mm ID.£70 plus £10 post
jack.purse@outlook.com

See less See more
#76 ·
Make sure the new batch has the starter plate aligned properly! Mine is skewe and too much forward. I had to fit two washers between the starter and plate in order to make it work. Also, as it is skewe, it only disengages when the engine runs.
Another problem, the hole for the pin is drilled wrong, my engine stays tilted to one side when running..:mad::mad:
And dont forget the solenoid could be repositioned, it normally fouls the heat exchanger if using one.

#77 · (Edited)
yoke

Thanks for you're constructive criticism,you must have got the bad one out the 100,s lve made,all you had to do was send it back and l would swap it.
l test it on a block with no heads and spin it up, nobody has said about the solenoid hitting the heat exchanger,l'll look into this thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.