Volkszone Forum banner

Compatible engine?

Gearbox 
2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  dj chunky 
#1 ·
Hiya Guys...

Quick intro.... as this is my first post... Most are probably gonna hate me as I have a Beetle trike... I have had one for 10 years and I love it, as do all my kids..

I recently picked up a 2nd Beetle trike... a 1970 1600... Well, that's what it was. I didn't get an engine with it.. Any help as to what engines will fit would be greatly appreciated..

Some have said stick a scooby engine in... but I don't have that kinda money.. I've seen 1200 go for silly small amounts of money... 1300's are often within my price range... but 1600 generally are more than I can afford..

At the mo, I don't know codes or anything like that.. but any help as to what engines I could use would be greatly appreciated..

#10 · (Edited)
Ha Ha... I Wish!! :lol:

stick with a 1300,a decent exhaust system and a bit of a basic tune will be enough fo a practical everyday ride.but dont go stripping off all the tin ware as a lot of trikers do.if anything you need more tin to flow the air to the right places.
I did stick a 1300 in it in the end... as that's what came up at the right price... just gotta get a starter motor.. ;)

As for tin ware... not gonna be stripping anything off... if anything, I will be adding to it... thinking of going down the Baja styling.. :cool:

This is where the back end stands..... all I've done is fit the engine (minus air filter as it wouldn't fit).. Dunno what the cutout above the carb is all about... Originally I though the previous owner may have been running a stinger... but can't see it fitting there... Unless he had a twin carb set-up?? I need to look at different filters and set ups.. But this is a budget build..

have you never seen a beach bastard? they look much more radical.
Yup... much more radical... never seen one that I liked though.. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.