Any know of a 9 seater rental company to drive to France??? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Techs, Mechs (Garage) Recommendations

Techs, Mechs (Garage) Recommendations No, not recommendations for your local Chilli and Nachos establishment. Please use this forum to recommend (local) Garages or Workshops that provide good service. Help other members find the 'good guys' (and maybe avoid the cowboys.) Please only recommend companies where you have personally had work done. Any blatant 'plugs' for your own business will be deleted. Become a Member Sponsor here. Please read the sticky threads BEFORE posting - it may save you time in the long run.Forum available for sponsorship

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
BugLovin
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (2)

Default Any know of a 9 seater rental company to drive to France???

So, a nice road trip with my family and my best mate and family to France is turning out to be more tricky than I thought.

Driving there all in the same vehicle is very much part of the holiday. But every place me or my mate tries we come up with the same answer, "sorry, we don't rent 9 seater vehicles to drive to France"!

Is this some kind of law in France? Or just the larger rental companies? Any one had the same problem? Who did you use in the end? Or does anyone want to lend me their shuttle for a fee at the end of August!!??

Cheers

Austin
BugLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
Jacosmotor
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Not sure but think it maybe something to do with your driving licence and insurance, think normal licence only covers you up to seven seats
Jacosmotor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
rad123
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

You can drive with 8 passengers on a normal license.
Category B - if you passed your test on or after 1 January 1997
You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg MAM with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).

http://www.bmvs.co.uk/rental/minibus...s_mpv_9_seater
rad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread