Volkszone Forum banner

Starter Motor Refurb Leeds

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lets Split 
#1 ·
Hi All,

need to replace the starter motor, I have not heard good things about new ones, so was thinking about getting my current one refurbed. Its a 1973 T2 Bay if that makes a difference.

Anyone know of a good place in the Leeds area and a rough idea of cost?

Ta muchly

#2 ·
Collinson & Stelling at Castleford have done three VW starters for me. Genuine Bosch components, great work.

http://www.csautoelectrics.com/

Boston Spa is a lovely place, I've been working at our office there over the last week :)

#3 ·
Cheers Vee.Dubster, you don't remember how much do you? I will definitely check them out though - appreciate that.

Yeah I like living in Boston Spa, probably not great for 20 something, but I am my 40's so suit me perfectly :)

cheers

Jonny

#5 ·
To update the thread, I got my original Bosch starter motor refurbed at CS Auto. It would have been cheaper to get a new one, but I preferred to refurb.

Had an issue in that the new solenoid failed immediately but they guys were very apologetic and fixed very quickly. Overall other than that hiccup the guys were very good. Fingers crossed this one lasts longer than a day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.