Volkszone Forum banner

Mk 1 Polo. 1 owner, 40k miles. How much?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  fuchs lee 
#1 ·
Not for sale. Looking at buying for myself but have to make an offer. No idea where to start.

It's very clean. Totally standard. 1980, 895cc. Tax til end of May, MOT til December. Interior is in mint condition. Bodywork/paint in good condition. No known problems. Drives well. Engine bay has a few very minor surface rust areas but nothing serious at all.

Very solid, clean and original car. Everything works as it should.

Any clues as to what to offer?

Pics below.

Thanks in advance for any help in establishing the value.

See less See more
#2 ·
Although I think they're great, this ago Polo doesn't seem to make that much.

Being in a slightly less than favourable colour, and a 'late' model (dash etc) may effect it's value negatively, but the low mileage and originality are a real plus point. There was a reasonably similar car on eBay a short while ago, but it was an older model, fewer miles, and in a better colour (not green :D). I think it was a classified ad for maybe £1.5k? Something around that.

#3 ·
well , i had an immaculate garage find florida blue model , on a 1980 v reg, and the guys on mk1 polo club and some on club polo said it was worth 1.3k all day long,but no-one would buy it at that price so i took the suspension, interior wheels etc off and put it back to oe spec and got £550 for it,but it was just before christmas a few years back, at the end of the day, i would offer the guy £750 for it and work from that. it looks lovely by the way, im wanting another one now.........

#4 ·
My dad bought one for my sister with 40k on it on an X reg. He paid £40 for it as it had 4 months tax. Sold it on ebay when the tax ran out for £175 with a small dent in the drivers side front wing. This was a good 5 years ago just before I got into VWs and couldn't believe it had gone so cheap :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.