Volkszone Forum banner

1641 TURNKEY TURBO AIRCOOLED ENGINE

For Sale 
21K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  whitby gypsie 
#1 ·
RARE VW BEETLE, GHIA FASTBACK CAMPER 1641 TURBO TURNKEY ENGINE BUILT LAST YEAR. HAVE USED THIS AND ITS AWESOME! RUNS 12 SECOND 1/4 MILE AT SANTA POD. I HAVE REMOVED THIS AS IM UPGRADING TO A BIGGER ENGINE. COMES WITH FULL HEADER BUT HEADER MAY WANT SOME MODIFICATION TO FIT YOUR VW AS CAME OUT OF A MODIFIED NON VW. THIS WONT BOLT STRAIGHT INTO A STANDARD BEETLE AS EXHAUST SYSTEM NEEDS MODIFICATION. FITTED WITH GARRETT TURBO, 1 1/2 INCH SU CARB MOD, BRASS DASHTOP, MODIFIED ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP, CHROME 009 DIZZY, ALLOY PULLEY. COMES WITH CLUTCH. THIS ENGINE HAS ALOT OF TORQUE AND WOULD BE OVER £3000 TO BUILD

I HAVE THIS ON EBAY AND WOULD LIKE AROUND £1700.

See less See more
#17 ·
i rmbr this on ebay and it certainly seemed a bargain...maybe not now though?

the subject of selling on for a profit is one that gets a lot of peoples backs up though,you cannot blame him for making the most out of a good deal if it was indeed sold for ebay price...no one ever complained when house prices went through the roof,although the fibs that people have pointed out is not the best way to sell on with such knowledgeable people on here

#20 ·
hi all, thanks for looking, i seem to have pissed alot of people off with this. Everything i have said in the listing on ebay and here is what i have been told. I too were at action and i didnt see it but then i wasnt watching the whole time. It seems as though i was told a lie or too which i have unwittingly passed on and for that i apoligise. I bought his car in good faith from a 'fellow' dubber. I also dont see anything wrong with making a profit, most people on here do it so why cant i?
Too me this still isnt a dear engine even if it is only a 1600 as a few people think, Surely this would cost a couple of grand to build?

As i said before i didnt come on here to piss anyone off or cause arguments, i merely came on to make some like minding friends and sell a few bits not only to help my bank balance but to also help a few people out too.

#22 ·
No worries dude . . . it DOES sound like you were spun a bit of a yarn ;)

Personally speaking, I have no issues with anyone turning a 'profit' . . . it's what makes the wheels turn . . . I was more concerned with some of the 'exaggerations' was all ;)

Good luck with your sale . . . and welcome to VZi :hug:

Be lucky :)

#21 · (Edited)
"as the whole car sold for £620 i would offer u £600 for it

cheers carl "

it pisses me off on here when people have a dig at someone for making a profit - so what if the car cost £620?? offering £600 for the engine is a loada crap - second hand stock 1600 engine dont go for much less! because this bloke got a bargain why should you do better? go and build a turbo 1600 and see how much it costs you

this is my view and doesnt represent the view of panelkraft blah blah etc etc ;)

#23 ·
thank you, similar to what i was thinking :)

No worries dude . . . it DOES sound like you were spun a bit of a yarn ;)

Personally speaking, I have no issues with anyone turning a 'profit' . . . it's what makes the wheels turn . . . I was more concerned with some of the 'exaggerations' was all ;)

Good luck with your sale . . . and welcome to VZi :hug:

Be lucky :)
and thanks again :)

So i guess no-one is interested in the engine then? :lol:

#24 ·
Not that it's my place to post comments in the for sale area but....

I'm the guy who bought this from Ebay for £620. I also drove to Ipswich from Kent twice, once to look at the car and then again to bring it back on a trailer.
It didn't have either a battery or any petrol so i added both these things, get it running 'better' but not 100% as the turbo set up hasn't been fine tuned and we were still working on the car at Action.
I didn't take the car down the strip there as there were no windows fitted and i didn't have any arm restraints, plus i just wanted to carry on drinking from the night before :lol:

The issue of the 12 second 1/4 mile i believe chris has mis-quoted me on.
Whn he asked me if the fiat was quick i told him, via text as we've never spoken or met, that the car was ok/nippy but that seeing as i drive a 12(now 11) second race car nothing feels quick against that.

As for price. like i said, i paid £620 and if you add on both trips to Ipswich, the trip to Actions and back plus the parts and time involved £995 seems quick a fair price to ask.
Chris got in touch, we haggled, he bought the car and had a guy come and trailer it away from my work in London, where i also trailered it to!

I'm happy for him to make some money on it as that's life. He stepped up to the plate with money in his hand and bought the car. If it'd been a pile of shit that was running apart and didn't run he would still own it and have to swallon his losses. Shit happens, sometimes it's good shit, other times your arse bleeds but it still happens and will happen again and again until we die or get a bag to fill up!!!

So, buy the engine, or don't buy it but live and let live or go into chat and have a moan about it.

Good luck dude

Anton

#29 ·
I'm gutted I never saw the complete car for sale, always spoke about building a 126 with a beetle engine, I had a 1641cc turbo motor shame it only ran well on one trip but was great fun :) So how much for the whole car ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.