Volkszone Forum banner

L51 Bordeaux Red paint formulation

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  ginga 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a mordern paint mixing formula for L51 VW Bordeauxrot as used in 1951?

#4 ·
I'm getting closer to an idea of what colour I'd like...
Thanks, I've already found that info - there's also an ongoing thread on pre67 but I don't yet have a definitive answer...

#11 ·
There is a really good paint shop local to me. I just go in with a code & they mix it up, as said above all the mixing scemes are different, the more expensive paints have more colours in them to get a closer match, but if you are painting the whole car at once that doesn't really matter. A 2K Max Mayer would be good enough at arount £35 a litre or if you like the good stuff, PPG then that's about £70+ a litre. Either way the colour will be close enough to the eye.

#14 ·
I am looking for the orginal colour to my 1954 356 and it is Jade green and all the paint places seam to start the paint charts from 1956 grrrr... so I have no idea at the mo where to look. I have since seen a Vauxhall astra 1998 T that is about the same colour and if anything alittle lighter which I would prefure..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.