Volkszone Forum banner

Cal-Look Beetles.2

92K views 904 replies 75 participants last post by  crlincoln 
#1 ·
Hmm well i guess we just start again!!

#278 ·
Sigi said:

getting there sill a few things to do
I like this one too... is it a '58-59 with semafores, can't really see?

Man you got some cool bugs... either one of those with the gay horn grills :incheek: would suit me perfectly I'm still looking fro something like that. Very few to select from currently locally where I live...

#280 ·
I much prefer the koch horn grills, dunno why, i just do!! Like fastghia says, luckily we can all set our cars up as we like and everyone's open to opinion.

Just aslong as you have the same opinion as me :incheek:

Just kidding, i'm going for look then the motor cos' that's all funds will allow unfortunately, although i do have a 1600 sat in the shed that just need the valves timed and an exhaust fitting.

#281 ·
luckily we can all set our cars up as we like and everyone's open to opinion.
damn right :D

And because its a new thread an excuse to post some pictures of my bug...currently in hibernation....but soon to be hitting the streets hard

Summer 04

Summer 05

Spring 06

Lots planned (including a bloody good clean :D )....just waiting on the engine and gearbox and then the hard work will begin....

#285 ·
That looks awsome dude, wheels look great BTW, and i NEED that garage.
cheers dude

Cant say that i'm struggling for space :D I just cant wait to get started on it.....going to have a proper clean up before I start and going to take a week off work :D check ou the amount of saw dust around...i'll have to get the hoover out :D

#288 ·
Cheers Bob...those wheels have been a major project...took 4 months to sort out :rolleyes: oh yeah people check out the front track on the bug......apparantly its the new narrowed look all the resto cal boys are going this way

#294 ·
spennyp said:
cheers dude

Cant say that i'm struggling for space :D I just cant wait to get started on it.....going to have a proper clean up before I start and going to take a week off work :D check ou the amount of saw dust around...i'll have to get the hoover out :D

What size are those tyres? and what are they like to drive on? or are they more suitable for the strip?

.. I'm sure Funky Pete will give me a lesson on tyre choice :D

#295 ·
Who knows what they would grip like , especially with 210 HP , but time will tell I suppose . A bit of wheel spin will probably be a good thing and stop him shredding the gearbox :eek:

They are Mickey Thompson's , so they should be ok , but the Pro-Street car Mickey's are rock hard , and not that grippy .

Plus with all the writing on the tyres , not my thing really , I'm into cars , not Tonka Toys :incheek: .

Would you put a tyre from a 70's Kwaka , on your Aprillia ? ;)

JMO

#296 ·
dont know what they are like to drive on yet....the cars only moved about 5 ft in the last couple of months....if they are shite then i'll change them....each to their own i like the writing :D but the tyre police would be pleased with my front tyre choice :incheek: ;) lids is right alfie except slight deflation on one front wheel but no more than i got on the early fuch....i'll have to keep an eye on them

#298 ·
I know what you mean about not a lot of Quality bugs for sale at the moment , I had to go all the way to Norwich to pick mine up 5 Hour drive home and the car had only done 300 mile in the last 10 years, I do dream of a bigger Mota but for now the little 1776 keeps me (and the shit gearbox) on the move ;)

#299 ·
Funky Pete said:
Who knows what they would grip like , especially with 210 HP , but time will tell I suppose . A bit of wheel spin will probably be a good thing and stop him shredding the gearbox :eek:

They are Mickey Thompson's , so they should be ok , but the Pro-Street car Mickey's are rock hard , and not that grippy .

Plus with all the writing on the tyres , not my thing really , I'm into cars , not Tonka Toys :incheek: .
'Here endeth the lesson'......

Funky Pete said:
Would you put a tyre from a 70's Kwaka , on your Aprillia ? ;)

JMO
Not really, but it would be funny as f*&k until I parked me and the bike in a field in Hampshire... almost like shoe-horning 200bhp in the back of a car designed for 30hp... now you don't do that... Doh! :D

#300 ·
spennyp said:
dont know what they are like to drive on yet....the cars only moved about 5 ft in the last couple of months....if they are shite then i'll change them....each to their own i like the writing :D but the tyre police would be pleased with my front tyre choice :incheek: ;) lids is right alfie except slight deflation on one front wheel but no more than i got on the early fuch....i'll have to keep an eye on them
iss that a bit of zolotone/trunkpaint peeping out of the engine bay young man?spent all this weekend in the engine bay with the hot air gun,stripping underseal,and underneath.......spot bollock no rust original paint :D :D :D ,slightly more worrying ,started pulling engine down to swap heads,and sell barrels and pistons,all internal studs on deep sump,finger tight,fuck it,complete strip and check :rolleyes: blame pierre for the extra cc,s :incheek:
FOR SALE 44IDF's MANIFOLDS,90.5 MAHLE PISTONS AND BARRELS
ENGEL 120,600 MILES ONLY :)

#301 ·
Does somebody make a repro horn push for the Empi GT,(one that says EMPI not Flat 4)? It's the bottom one in the picture. I think I recall seeing one somewhere..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.