Volkszone Forum banner

Cal-Look Beetles.2

92K views 904 replies 75 participants last post by  crlincoln 
#1 ·
Hmm well i guess we just start again!!

#53 ·
runningmonkey said:
Cal look that arse up nose down right ?? well this is mine its err arse down nose down :incheek:

I reckon your car would look the business if it had a pair of wide sprints on the back and a spline up on the suspension - just my opinion like :)

#59 ·
It is now running Porsche headlight glass & Black powdercoated bowels. Sedan badge has been there sinse day one. I have had the decklid painted again as there was a scratch on it. I have a 5" monster tach fited now, I just need to run the wire to the coil. I have changed the warning lamps on the dash to LED's too, but have no pics of that yet.

There will be some more pics up soon as it is over due a damn good clean! It has been out once since Slough swop meet. It is in the Volksworld show, so needs to be sorted for then. I bought 1 piece windows for it but need all new window mechs & sashes. Dunno if I will bother to fit them before the show as I am away on holiday next week.

#61 ·
Autohausdolby said:
I reckon your car would look the business if it had a pair of wide sprints on the back and a spline up on the suspension - just my opinion like :)
I'd have the other 2 sprints however there only normal size 4.5" and the rear wings are 2" over sized so i would need 6-8" wide one's to look any good i sore 2 for sale at dub freeze and the guy wanted £200.00 for them !!!! :eek: so for now am sticking with my pro lines :D

#64 ·
58 retro-rod said:
That is Scott Bakkens wifes car (with MY deck lid that Buddy Hale pilfered!) ;) It's almost done, and should show up in June over here at the Classic.
cool,i kinda knew that ;)
so does buddy work from home or just assemble cars there ? does he still have a bug since he sold the oval ?
awesome cabrio eh ?
thanks

#66 ·
63 Ripper said:
cool,i kinda knew that ;)
so does buddy work from home or just assemble cars there ? does he still have a bug since he sold the oval ?
awesome cabrio eh ?
thanks
Buddy owns a shop in Phoenix, AZ where all of the body and paint work is done. Most of the assembly is done at his home garage, but some (like Steve Neindorfs '67) are put together in both locations.

Since he sold the blue '55 ragtop, he had another Oval he was working on but got too busy complete it. He just "donated" the body to Shawn Geers to help him get his Pro Stock car back on the track after his top-end accident.

#67 ·
58 retro-rod said:
Buddy owns a shop in Phoenix, AZ where all of the body and paint work is done. Most of the assembly is done at his home garage, but some (like Steve Neindorfs '67) are put together in both locations.

Since he sold the blue '55 ragtop, he had another Oval he was working on but got too busy complete it. He just "donated" the body to Shawn Geers to help him get his Pro Stock car back on the track after his top-end accident.
cool,interesting info, thanks. would love to see these cars in the flesh...they are sooooo clean
i guess you get that much detail when the painter also fabricates and assembles the cars :)
so is the VW stuff after hours for Buddy ? he must be one busy guy !

#71 ·
63 Ripper said:
cool,interesting info, thanks. would love to see these cars in the flesh...they are sooooo clean
i guess you get that much detail when the painter also fabricates and assembles the cars :)
so is the VW stuff after hours for Buddy ? he must be one busy guy !
Luckily Buddy is one of my best friends. He did all of the body and paint on my car, as well as MANY different fabbed up parts. I built the chassis and did all of the color sanding and buffing (I worked for Meguiars for 10 years), and most of the final assembly.
He is usually at the shop around 4:30 AM and gets home about 6:00PM, has dinner with the family and goes into the garage for another 4 hours ! His wife is VERY understanding!!!

#74 ·
Matt took my 60 from painted shell to runner last year. It isn't on the caliber of your's, Darrel, but it shows how far Buddy has come in 4 years. He painted it in '01, and life got in the way before it got to this stage.

Yes, the hard lines were done by Matt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.