Volkszone Forum banner

Cal-Look Beetles.2

92K views 904 replies 75 participants last post by  crlincoln 
#1 ·
Hmm well i guess we just start again!!

#156 ·
Rhino has this setup on his '65 and loves it. 2276 with CB oval ports, 86C and their injectors. Bounced it off the rev limiter a couple times.

No plugged idle jets or hassles. Easily a 12 second car. He sometimes can be found on the CLF as "Rhino".

#157 ·
too old for this said:
don't know her :D any one any thoughts on cb injection kits?????? 48 mm throttle bodies :eek:
Paul has a new injection kit coming out shortly , it's the bollocks , he's been using DTA and others , and tried his new one back to back , on the 180 HP 2276 he is currently running in his van .

He said , the smoothness and responsiveness of the new set up , is way improved over the other systems .

I can't wait till he gets the 2387 version of the engine in the Blue car , fitted in the bus , injection , turbo an all .

His bus is going to RIP , 11's , especially to start the new Bay Window club we are starting...

The BWB

#160 ·
Funky Pete said:
Paul has a new injection kit coming out shortly , it's the bollocks , he's been using DTA and others , and tried his new one back to back , on the 180 HP 2276 he is currently running in his van .

He said , the smoothness and responsiveness of the new set up , is way improved over the other systems .

I can't wait till he gets the 2387 version of the engine in the Blue car , fitted in the bus , injection , turbo an all .

His bus is going to RIP , 11's , especially to start the new Bay Window club we are starting...

The BWB
thankyou chaps ;)

#162 ·
Wheelies , waste time , and break parts .

Sometimes it is unavoidable , but if you look at Paul Hamilton's car , when he can get the car to launch right , it lifts the front left wheel a little in first , and maybe a bit in second .

Watch the run of the 9 sec run on his site , to see what I mean .

If the track is over prepared , it can be a nightmare , with ridiculous wheelies , too much load on the gearbox , broken parts etc .

It does make for good magazine pictures though , which is important to the movie stars ;)

#167 ·
Funky Pete said:

Sometimes it is unavoidable , but if you look at Paul Hamilton's car , when he can get the car to launch right , it lifts the front left wheel a little in first , and maybe a bit in second .

If the track is over prepared , it can be a nightmare , with ridiculous wheelies , too much load on the gearbox , broken parts etc .

It does make for good magazine pictures though , which is important to the movie stars ;)
That's exactly what I have seen when our local 9-10s cars launch. No big show, just getting off the line in a hurry...

#168 ·
Funky Pete said:

I think there are different types of wheelies -this one for example seems to be time-winning (10 sec/215 km/h):movie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.