Starter Motor Refurb Leeds - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Techs, Mechs (Garage) Recommendations

Techs, Mechs (Garage) Recommendations No, not recommendations for your local Chilli and Nachos establishment. Please use this forum to recommend (local) Garages or Workshops that provide good service. Help other members find the 'good guys' (and maybe avoid the cowboys.) Please only recommend companies where you have personally had work done. Any blatant 'plugs' for your own business will be deleted. Become a Member Sponsor here. Please read the sticky threads BEFORE posting - it may save you time in the long run.Forum available for sponsorship

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Lets Split
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Starter Motor Refurb Leeds

Hi All,

need to replace the starter motor, I have not heard good things about new ones, so was thinking about getting my current one refurbed. Its a 1973 T2 Bay if that makes a difference.

Anyone know of a good place in the Leeds area and a rough idea of cost?

Ta muchly
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
Vee.Dubster
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Split View Post
Hi All,

need to replace the starter motor, I have not heard good things about new ones, so was thinking about getting my current one refurbed. Its a 1973 T2 Bay if that makes a difference.

Anyone know of a good place in the Leeds area and a rough idea of cost?

Ta muchly
Collinson & Stelling at Castleford have done three VW starters for me. Genuine Bosch components, great work.

http://www.csautoelectrics.com/

Boston Spa is a lovely place, I've been working at our office there over the last week

Got a '67 Bug? then join our group
http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/group.php?groupid=62

That would look lovely with a coat of paint and the sagging suspension fixed...
Vee.Dubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Lets Split
Chat Slapper

Cheers Vee.Dubster, you don't remember how much do you? I will definitely check them out though - appreciate that.

Yeah I like living in Boston Spa, probably not great for 20 something, but I am my 40's so suit me perfectly

cheers

Jonny

Old 17-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
SquareBlau
Chat Virgin

Wood Auto in Huddersfield, or Autoelectro, Leeds Road-Bradford if you were the other side of Leeds?
Woods would supply a new one for preference, but they're both very capable of doing refurb work, Dave
SquareBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread