Volkszone Forum banner

NDA 2012 Drag race challenge

8K views 59 replies 12 participants last post by  flash@bugnutz 
#1 ·
Anyone up for the challenge?

I know there's a few fast cars out there in Bugnutz and so manc, So I reckon we should have a 2012 NDA drag race challenge!

I was thinking 2 classes so everyone can join in, 1st class is basicly bracket racing where you have to set a time in your car then get as close to that time as possible, this way everyone can join in!

second class would be fastest car wins!

There no prise apart from kudos at the 2012 end of year piss up ;)

so who's up for it?

#6 ·
Open to all and every one dude :D

You could win by just entering just one RWYB (big bang/bug jam/vw action etc) if you set a time of say 18.45 on your first run then 18.44 on your second there a good chance that would win the class 1 ;) (remember to keep your tickets tho!) We can post updates of what everyone has ran in the thread :)

Maybe if we get a lot of interest we should make a trophy for the 2 winners? (one of each class) I could knock some up using my welding and joinery skills (and if that does incise people I don't know what would :lol:)

#31 ·
startd geting my car ready for this stript my engine down to a short block

i have found some damage in one of the barrels that i think is due to detonation so may need to change this

trial fitted the new heads

iv had the turbo manufold powder coated as it is mild steel hopefull this will help to stop a bit of rust

and iv added fittings for the lamba sensor the adjustable boost valve as well

hope to have the engine running again soon

#37 ·
Engine back in! and its back in Black!

Not started yet as am waiting for some exhurst gaskets once they come its just a case of fitting the exhurst and then running the engine in ready for big bang

Thanks for the offer but its cool, I dout it make any difference

Tho this is my 4 branch and as you can see its flat at the bottom were its hit the floor, could do with replacing but there to much $

#39 ·
Found a place in birmingham does exhaust flanges and makes affordable custom exhausts and manifolds.. if you want the number monkey.let me know it doesnt cost anything to ask
jusy had 2 flanges in 10mm steel and a gasket MADE with inside bore to fit 63.5mm pipe cost me £10.50 including postage :eek:

#40 ·
The problem i have now is the exhaust sticks out about a foot from the rear cage.. have 4 into one header..and cant find baffles to fit 63.5mm pipes.. but the noise it makes is deafening...
:mad:you got to have straight through pipes:mad:
Oh fitted the bucket seats now ..so have full interior in cream faux leather very good condition spare will put on ebay for sale soon.!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.