DICK LANDY SUPERCHARGERS on a type1 engine! - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 20-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #11
Stroke It
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Hi REV.
Im just putting together a 2110cc motor using a D.L.i kit its for a drag car so it should be instantly quick of the mark , it'll be nice to see another one, I too went out in Dave Forders old blue 1303 it was great ,at that time it was around the 160 bhp mark. something funny when you see the old git (tony) giving it what for? .
They do stand tall so it may hit the floor above, it depends what type of carb you run, this one uses a holley 4 barrel , dave had PACE fit a charge cooler in the manifold under the charger havent tested it yet? but it should help cool things, i heard that the old 1776 motor is still going strong , good old microgiant.
Good luck with it.
Dan.
Stroke It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
61 stu
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke It
Hi REV.
Im just putting together a 2110cc motor using a D.L.i kit its for a drag car so it should be instantly quick of the mark , it'll be nice to see another one, I too went out in Dave Forders old blue 1303 it was great ,at that time it was around the 160 bhp mark. something funny when you see the old git (tony) giving it what for? .
They do stand tall so it may hit the floor above, it depends what type of carb you run, this one uses a holley 4 barrel , dave had PACE fit a charge cooler in the manifold under the charger havent tested it yet? but it should help cool things, i heard that the old 1776 motor is still going strong , good old microgiant.
Good luck with it.
Dan.
just out of interest did you regulaly go to Microgiant, just wondedered if i knew you? i left there in about 98
61 stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
turbo thomas
Seasoned Chat Slut

this is mine (pic from jmr website) which was bought shortly after v/world ran the feature on this kit...

waited almost 12 months for delivery so be warned...

although they look the shit, and sound like nothing else, you'd be better off spending your money on a turbo...

cheers

rich
Old 20-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #14
Stroke It
Chat Virgin

I dont know , unless you tell me you're name? I only know Paul M & James , i cant remember anyone else who worked with tony, mind you I generally went on a saterday. so unless you worked then we may not of met but ive known tony since 1981 ish.
Dan.
Stroke It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #15
revilobeetle
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo thomas
this is mine (pic from jmr website) which was bought shortly after v/world ran the feature on this kit...

waited almost 12 months for delivery so be warned...

although they look the shit, and sound like nothing else, you'd be better off spending your money on a turbo...

cheers

rich
fuk me that looks the bollocks! yeah im sure a turbo might be better, but superchargers are a rare sight and abit different, and the noise and look alone would sway me enough to get one.

when did volksworld run the feature on this kit??? i gotta get the back issue!!

are you running the engine now? what do you think of it? what size engine are you running it on?
revilobeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
revilobeetle
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Hi REV.
Good luck with it.
Dan.
yeah i may have to get another beetle too put it in, or i could put it in my beach buggy (It would look great in the rear view mirror standing proud!! ) may even pop a wheelie with that low down grunt!

have you got any pics of your dick landy'd motor? could you post them up id love too see it!
revilobeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #17
61 stu

Quote:
I dont know , unless you tell me you're name? I only know Paul M & James , i cant remember anyone else who worked with tony, mind you I generally went on a saterday. so unless you worked then we may not of met but ive known tony since 1981 ish.
Dan.
My name? The clues in my log in name - 61 Stu
Old 21-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #18
BenSSP
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61 stu
My name? The clues in my log in name - 61 Stu
Hello Stu, long time no see

Saw Dolphin a while back, he's shifting cars around the country at the moment.

Have you still got the bug you were flogging?

My Blog

Straight Outta Trumpton
BenSSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #19
61 stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSSP
Hello Stu, long time no see

Saw Dolphin a while back, he's shifting cars around the country at the moment.

Have you still got the bug you were flogging?
Hello mate, couldn't bear to part with it it in the end so i've still got it, its off the road at the minute as i need to do a bit of welding to the o/s.

Probably won't happen for a bit as just about to move with the misses and daughter to Woodham, slowly winning round the little un to the way of the VW, she doesn't refer anymore to it as 'that old car in the garage'

What you driving now? use to love your bug
Old 21-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #20
metric_thumbs
Help! I'm trapped in here

Is this the only one - isn't this the thrid time of asking for pics of a DL s/charger install?

Am I the only one thinging this looks awful?

I would mount the s/charger to the left of the alternator and get rid on the distributor, nice and compact. Sit it on a collector box a little bigger than its outlet and put the blowoff valve in there , then two big tubes comming left and right splitting for the inlet ports.