some fuckers been using our credit card .... - Page 4 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #31
artist
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (0)

The Tesco Pay at Pump is limited to 35.00 I think - what amounts have been billed on the card?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #32
fingy

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist
The Tesco Pay at Pump is limited to 35.00 I think - what amounts have been billed on the card?
60 50 15 60 50 60 the raud squad will find out and ill tell you alll how they did it .. the bastards
Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #33
beng
I'm not an addict... honest!

In the texico garage around the corner from me the manager has been sacked for cloning cards. Loads of people have had Hundreds of pounds robbed from their acounts in Canada Kenya ect. Details passed on through the internet because of that cunt who scanned your card at the station to make a few quid on each one.

I only pay cash for most things around here at the moment as there was another scammer on a sailsburys till too.

Twats.

Drink KDF

I AM THE METRO KILLER
beng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #34
User Name
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist

65 at our local Tesco.

It used to be 55 but i filled up yesterday and its now 65

it was diesel though, so my I dont have to worry about the qualilty of the fuel...
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #35
mike.oldfield

Sorry to bump an old thread, but considering this is the first result for "tesco upt" on Google, I thought I'd warn people this is still an active issue.

I've recently been to an Esso garage with a Tesco Express near Kensington, London. I went in there, bought some drinks & paid for my friends petrol. I'd normally pay cash, but unfortunately, I had none. My friend had none. The petrol station had no cash point (Hmm...).

I tried to withdraw some cash today, 6 days later. Cash machine says no. I try another. Cash machine says no.

I come home, check my Internet Banking.

05 May 2008 - Tesco Express 2553 LONDON. - Withdrawal date 04 May 2008 - 22.51

Ok, that's all fine. Now, I live in Kent...

07 May 2008 - Tesco Upt 3842 NORTHAMPTON. - 60.41
08 May 2008 - Tesco Upt 3842 NORTHAMPTON. - 54.94
08 May 2008 - Tesco Upt 3904 WELLINGBOROUG. - 60.19

I call up Nationwide immediately. My account has already been flagged up for possible fraud. Reason being, the times against two transations. The second transaction there took place just 7 minutes after another transaction. This was withdrawing 50 from a Barclays cashpoint... in Beckenham, Kent. 78 miles away. 78 miles in 7 minutes? God knows how fast I must have been going...

My suspicions are pretty clear about why I believe it to be this specific petrol station.

Firstly, I don't shop in Tesco. Plain and simply, I don't shop in Tesco. This was a Tesco Express petrol station.

Secondly, my God was the petrol cheap on the board. 107.9 when most places are 111.9? 107.9 when 10 minutes down the road it was 132.9 at another station? Not cheap once they take the other couple of hundred quid later.

Thirdly, timing. 5 days after? Hmm.. Suspicious... My mother thinks it's Nationwide that have done it, because they have an office just up the road from the places it was taken from. Somehow, I don't think so.

So be careful out there! It's still happening. People say don't let your card out of your sight. This is an example of what can still happen. I never let go of the card ONCE, and it still happened.
mike.oldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #36
TwoToneAlex

Trading feedback: (11)

Sorry to hear it man, but how are they using it! They only have your details on paper no in a card!
Alex
Old 10-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #37
panickyidiot
I'm not an addict... honest!

was gonna say about the tesco thing, the pay at pump option round here is i think maximum spend 60, with no pin number entry. they mustve been putting as much in the tank as possible. it is dodgy, have noticed asda now have pin entry on thier pumps which cant be a bad thing. i always use my debit card for nearly everything, maybe i should be getting cash from trustworthy cashpoints and using that instead
Old 10-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #38
Jim Dandy

The amount of card fraud these days has prompted me to return to barter, unfortunately I cant get change of a goat at Tescos.
Jim Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #39
Nessy
Drop-top junkie

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dandy View Post
The amount of card fraud these days has prompted me to return to barter, unfortunately I cant get change of a goat at Tescos.

'63 Type 1 Karmann Ghia Coupe
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #40
hontoir
Chat Slapper

Did you get it sorted after fingy??