only 18 with 1 years ncb
havent found anywhere yet but ill give that lot a try
very useful thread :)

#8 ·
adrian flux

Footman james

HIC

Volksworld insurance

are the best to try, play them against each other to get the best deal, remember your thier customer,

Most companies will undercut another quote if they can, to get your custom,

and stick with it my insurance has dropped by £200 a year or so since i bought my bay :D

#9 ·
james_c said:
im on my mums insurance for the bay think it was 400 fc with 3 years no claims with norwich union
that was when i was just 18 and been driving under a year to
just be careful cos i doubt you'll be building up any insurance history doing that and therefore the price of your insurance wont drop as quickly ;) :D

#12 ·
peelo said:
and the days when it was cool and dandy to always be a named driver are long gone... if you are the main driver you are meant to insure it in your name
I think you're ok to be the main driver on someone else's policy. My brother's insured on my dad's policy, but my bro is named as the main.
I think it works out that Shaun is the main driver, so they quote accordingly, (i.e main driver is young and has none/low no claims) but he can use some of dad's no claims discount on the final price.

#13 ·
tofufi said:
I'm 18 and insured my van recently with adrian flux.

Found it difficult to get quotes unfortunately.

Whereabouts in Bristol are you? :)
Hello!!!! im at UWE uni on the frenchay campus as the moment moving soon tho as i think i need a drive!! what about you??

Im having so many problems with my insurance its driving me mad!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a naughty driver tho i have a few points :( so i have been told by a few they wont insure me :( which isnt good!!

#14 ·
I'm living in Westbury at the moment - I'll be off to uni in september (going to biiirmingham hopefully). But for now I got a garage I can use :eek:

I've never had points on my license so I don't know how that would affect it if you gave Adrian Flux a try :(

Do you drive an old VW in bristol at all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.