66 Slammed Ambulance For Sale - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale

Vehicles For Sale If you have a Vehicle for Sale or are looking for something - Take a Browse Around. Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor.
Forum sponsored by www.veedubbers.com - The VW Aircooled and Watercooled Marketplace. FREE to list parts and accessories.

Veedubber
Reply Post New Thread

Old 29-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Norman67
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default 66 Slammed Ambulance For Sale

Hi all

Time to sell my 66 Ambulance.
I have owned it now for about 5 years and have been using it as a promotional vehicle for my company P.R.Services LTD
It turns more heads then any other vehicle I have ever driven.

The reason for the sale is that it is just not fair to keep leaving the old girl out in the weather.

Itís a 1966 genuine VW Ambulance with 50,000 kilometres on the clock, which is about 31,000 miles ONLY. Originally supplied to the Swiss military
It would easily make a great camper van but I like it too much as an ambulance to do it to it.

The paint is original apart from a few blow-ins here and there and our logo which will easily come off.
There is NO rust although the outer sills have been repaired and a small patch repair has been done to the front inner wheel arch. One sill has been repaired by riveting over the original sill. It also has a tiny dent in the front nose, behind the number plate. (see photos)
I almost guarantee that you will not find a better original van than this for the money.

It has all its original ambulance features and parts, which must have cost a fortune when new.
Partition glass from driver to cabin, frosted side glass, bandage table, first aid pouch on passenger door, side entrance step, tow hooks front and rear, fresh air fans the front air duct, buzzers to alert the driver, nurses seat, wheel chair, stretcher (although I donít think it is correct), operation light, roof storage tray, reverse light, tailgate is hinged at the bottom, outside aerial bracket and plug (swiss army only), Red cross light on roof and of course Blue light and two tone horns.

Yes the Blue light and horns work !!!
The siren is a kind of Nar Nar---nar nar and you expect inspector Clouseau to appear at any moment.
It also has an Eberspacher petrol-burning heater which was an option and probably ordered due to the extreme whether of Switzerland

I had been driving the van as standard for years and decided to make it a bit more drivable last year. All the modifications that I did are completely reversible and I have all the original parts that were removed, including its 1500cc engine. They are all included in this sale.

First job was to straight axel the transmission with a GT beetle unit. I then fitted a NEW 1600cc twin port engine with twin progressive Weber carb, Bosch 009 distributor with electronic ignition. Then engine also has a Bosch blue coil, Facet fuel pump, big bore heat exchangers, new clutch, new alternator and all the tin wear is stove enamelled.
I then changed the front suspension beam to a 4Ē narrowed and adjustable weedeater unit. To make it ride a bit better I also fitted drop spindles which are completely new and all the king and link pins are rebuilt.
Now to make it stop. A twin piston master cylinder was fitted and the front drums were changed to CSP disc brakes. All the parts were bought from Type two detectives.
Some of the work carried out can be seen on my companies web site www.prs356.com Look under picture gallery 356.

All the electrics are now 12Volt and I even converted the head-lights to Xenon.
The wheels are JGE raiders with Avon cr6 tyres on the rear and slam tyres on the front but I might put it on 356 rims soon

All the mods make it a much more usable van and it will easily cruise at 80 MPH and go off the clock if you ask it to.
The next job was to add a radio and Sat nav but I really havenít got time.

Comes with a full years MOT

Price is a bargain £12,500
The van can be viewed and test driven any time, so just drop me an email or phone.
07811 400644

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Norman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Norman67
Chat Virgin

Forgot to say that PX is welcome
Old 29-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
ratlook'70
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (10)

That is sweet. good luck with the sale.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Norman67
Chat Virgin

bump
Old 28-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Norman67
Chat Virgin

Hi Guys.

just to let you know that I will be at the Volksword show in the Ambulance.
So if you want to come and have look....No worries.
Old 29-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
Delilah '62
Chat Slapper

My wife's a paramedic and she think's your's is better equiped!
Delilah '62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
taribo
Chat Slapper

What sort of money is the ambulance up for?
taribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
taribo
Chat Slapper

Sorry, just spotted the price right at the top...
taribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
Ed1504
Chat Slapper

just to say top ride mate. saw this today at volksworld show, stunning bus.!! i drive a Ambulance for a living and would love this to drive at work. far better than the transit i have to drive.