A H Schofield & Discounts - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 13-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
Luke.Grey
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default A H Schofield & Discounts

There I am in needs of 200 worth of parts.

So E-mail them and ask if I can have the discounts offered by having joining certain clubs..

Yes they say.. But cheeper if you buy at the shows..

Will I still get my discount?

Yes of course 5-10%.

Get to Slough and guess what..

No Discount - Even explaind about e-mails..

Show discount ? No ! Paid their book price !

Stuff you Alan Schofield.. Others said I would get the clubs discount if I asked and took your word you would too.

Sure you havent lost a lot of trade just from me.. So your'e not probably worried about it. But sure others should be aware that driving over 100 miles to get some Show Price and a Discount wont happen and you will just pay LIST PRICE.

Honour and a Gentlemans agreement works fine with me. Neither you can commend yourself with.

Rant over
Luke.Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
Gal
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (1)

Not good. If you have still got the copy of the emails then ring them and try and settle it
Old 13-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Huw DBL
Wannabe Chat Slut

Alan is a true gent who has made the scene what it is today by over 20 years of hard work, how much do you think it costs to trade at a show? I'm amazed that people like him pay staff to work a weekend, pay transportation and accomadation and show fees, and still get slagged off, far easier not to bother and just sell on the 'net
Huw DBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Ugly Bloke
cheating death daily.

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal View Post
Not good. If you have still got the copy of the emails then ring them and try and settle it
WHS, this has to be your 1st port of call.

I've known of and used Schofield parts for years (Back to the early 1990's), always been excellent service for me.

Anyone could have a stroke:http://www.stroke.org.uk/strokemonth
Ugly Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
peelo
All good things...

Alan Schofield is, in my experience and opinion, one of the most decent honest people there is selling VW parts.

I'm sure there was a misunderstanding somewhere. I would phone him first thing. Forget email.
peelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
thirteen-o-two
Fully paid up!

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelo View Post
Alan Schofield is, in my experience and opinion, one of the most decent honest people there is selling VW parts.

I'm sure there was a misunderstanding somewhere. I would phone him first thing. Forget email.

QFT and I have known Alan for nearly 20 years. He is a good guy - ring him up and speak to him (I could give you his mobile but thats in the other room)

He wouldnt stuff you, trust me

Our European tour: www.paulandalisons2012tour.wordpress.com/

My 'Garage': www.thirteenotwo.wordpress.com
thirteen-o-two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke.Grey View Post
There I am in needs of 200 worth of parts.

So E-mail them and ask if I can have the discounts offered by having joining certain clubs..

Yes they say.. But cheeper if you buy at the shows..

Will I still get my discount?

Yes of course 5-10%.

Get to Slough and guess what..

No Discount - Even explaind about e-mails..

Stuff you Alan Schofield.. Others said I would get the clubs discount if I asked and took your word you would too.

Sure you havent lost a lot of trade just from me.. So your'e not probably worried about it. But sure others should be aware that driving over 100 miles to get some Show Price and a Discount wont happen and you will just pay LIST PRICE.

Honour and a Gentlemans agreement works fine with me. Neither you can commend yourself with.

Rant over
Why didn't you take up the discount as soon as they offered it?
Old 14-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
master baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke.Grey View Post

But you didnt buy from a show!

Their products are already sold at a lower price than most.
I guess you can please some people some of the time,but you cant please all of the people all of the time.
Old 14-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #9
alfie the monster

2 things spring to mind. Firstly, why did you ask/expect a discount? Do you get to the checkout at Tesco and haggle On the face of things, you ordered a relatively small amount of parts. I could understand if you were ordering thousands of pounds worth, but a few hundred quid

Secondly, pick up the phone and ring them! You're dragging a good company name through the mud for a fucking tenner!!! Have you not thought that maybe it was someone that didn't know that you'd got a discount? I think you're over reacting dude...

PS3 - jimbo2109
alfie the monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #10
1967-1970
Wannabe Chat Slut

Isn't driving over 100 miles to a show (and then paying to get in) going to more than cancel out any discount you could possibly get on 200's worth of bits? Or am I missing something really substantial, here?