AUTONET INSURANCE RIPOFF - Page 3 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread
Old 14-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #21
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (3)
Location: IN THE LAND OF VODKA nuzzled in a very WARM BREAST ;-)

once you have complaint and hassle from insurance just write to them and say you will only deal with them in writing from now on , better to have prof of what you said and what they sad to you , and you can respond to then with out getting all wound up.
i had trouble with budget insurance about a car i sold and the policy carried on they said owed £215 but sold it .. alot of trouble untill provided profe i sold the vehicle, writing all the way better...
but £50 for canceling a policy you have paid in full bollock get them reported them to the right peolpe ......something smells fishy to me....

good luck dont stop untill its sorted, and dont give in most people do , just pay what they say they owww its easy for most people just to make it go away..

good luck
1972 1200 bug (for sale)

2000 suzuki gsxr srad 600

2010 fiat 500 never get to drive

vauxhall cavalier 1.8i (poor me)
kingsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
Rad Dubs and Englishmen
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
So you've paid the full annual premium?

They've got No premium back from your insurers for 1 months cover?

Plus they have stuck a £50 cancellation fee on top?

This sounds crazy to me

I would first of all check the terms of business in relation to cancellation fees. Then complain using their complaints proceedure and threaten to report then to the FSA under the "treating customers fairly" rule.

Sounds like this company needs to avoided at all costs!!

No wonder the Insurance Industry has such a bad reputation!
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
check your "terms of business" iro cancellation fees & retaining commission & your policy document iro return of premium following cancellation. If they have deviated from either Complain and tell them you want compensation. They'll have to respond in 5 working days and set a time scale for resolution.
Listen to this man. Nigel has more experience of the insurance business than most
Rad Dubs and Englishmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread