For Sale B-Reg Mk2 Golf GTi in Mars red (TAX & MOT) - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale

Vehicles For Sale If you have a Vehicle for Sale or are looking for something - Take a Browse Around. Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 25-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
MillSpeed
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default B-Reg Mk2 Golf GTi in Mars red (TAX & MOT)

Recently bought this old skool mk2 with the intention of transplanting my PG Turbo motor into it, however having had chance to think about my financial situation I really can’t afford to keep it at the moment, let alone start throwing money at an engine swap. So here she is, a 1985 (B-reg) Golf GTi in Mars red. Starts first time and runs nice despite having 184k miles under her belt, drove her over 200 miles home without missing a beat. She averaged 38mpg which surprised me! Taxed until the end of June and MOT’d until the end of January 2010. Plenty of meat left on the tyres. Fully working MFA. Stainless exhaust from downpipe back, twin DTM upswept backbox, nice sound….not too overpowering. Really nice quality too unlike some of the longlife one’s I’ve seen. Sunroof mechanism works properly which is always a bonus. She’s also had new discs all round quite recently. Crystal clear headlights and spotlights.

Now for the not so good bits. The tin-worm’s had a go at her in places; I’ve photographed all the rusty bits and put a link to the album at the bottom of the ad although she’s survived remarkably well for a 23 year old car. Worst bits are a hole under the screen on the driver’s side and on the tailgate, should be easy enough to repair but might be quicker just to whack a replacement tailgate on there. There’s a few bubbles on the roof, looks like someone’s had a go at filling a dent and not done a very good job. Gear shift is a bit sloppy and it’s quite easy to hit reverse when you’re looking for first, it’s not too bad once you’ve gotten used to it although a bush kit is only about a fiver from GSF. Finally, there’s a bit of steering shimmy above 70mph, feels like one of the wheels needs balancing.

All in all a perfectly presentable little mk2 that you could either drive as she is or go nuts and restore her to her former glory. I’d love to keep her myself and go to town on her but sadly I’ve got a moneypit of a house to renovate before I can even think about messing with another Golf. Anyways, I’d like to get 650 for her, but will listen to any serious offers. Car’s located in Penarth which is just down the road from Cardiff. Pics below and a link to an album with loads more pics. Any questions drop me a PM.

Click here for more photos

Last edited by MillSpeed; 01-04-2009 at 07:22 PM.
MillSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
MillSpeed
Chat Virgin

Actually, make that 500ono. I've also got the old skool center caps for the steelies
Old 27-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
MillSpeed
Chat Virgin

395 for a taxed and tested early mk2, drive her away
Old 27-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Polo_Joe
Chat Slapper

Did you by any chance buy this from a chap called Terry from Bolton???

Sure ive seen this parked up near my brothers flat!!!!

BTW......best colour for a mk2!
Polo_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
MillSpeed
Chat Virgin

Close, I got it from Preston so could well be the same car. Think the guy's name was Tony. You're right about the colour though, I'm so tempted to just pull my finger out my arse and sort her out, I've been after a Mars red mk2 for yonks!
Old 29-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
12scrappy23
Chat Slapper

how bigs the engine?
12scrappy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
MillSpeed
Chat Virgin

It's got the 1.8 8v engine running k-jet
Old 29-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Mr Self Destruct
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (-1)

Any interior shots?
If the seats have this pattern I'm definitely interested!
Mr Self Destruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
MillSpeed
Chat Virgin

Sadly not (I'd love to find one that early!). Mine would have had a full set of these:

........IF some helpful soul hadn't decided to replace the fronts with a pair of weird tartan-style things. You can see one of them in the photobucket album.

Last edited by MillSpeed; 30-03-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 30-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
Mr Self Destruct
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (-1)

Damn shame. I have those front seats at the minute 'cos my originals are about arseholed as you can see.
I'm willing to buy a complete car to get my hands on those black seats 'cos its mint otherwise.
Mr Self Destruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread