For Sale Cofap Pistons and Barells - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Items For Sale - AUTO

Items For Sale - AUTO Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor. Become a Member Sponsor here. Please read the sticky threads BEFORE posting - it may save you time in the long run.Forum available for sponsorship

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 26-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
flatinit
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Cofap Pistons and Barells

I bought these at a show a few years ago, believing them to be 1700cc Type 4 P&B's

In the end, I went with a 2.0 engine rather than the rarer 1.7 that came out of my bus, so I have these left over.

They are in great condition and brand new, the piston tops are marked with 86.96

If that sheds any light on weather they really are 1700's or something else, please let me know.

I'm thinking of selling for about 180-200, but flexible should they not be 1700's

I'm based in Brighton and London. Can ship at your expense, but of course, they are heavy!

Thanks
flatinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
bugfez
Chat Slapper

how much are you after for these?
bugfez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
flatinit
Chat Slapper

Herritage are selling them for 216.95, so I figured 180 to 200 depending on ease and speed of delivery.

I'm pretty open to reasonable offers.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
flatinit
Chat Slapper

I still have these, does anybody have or want any further information? Seems a shame to pit them on ebay or wait for another show to roll around!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
big ears
Seasoned Chat Slut

Hi mate,

just to let you know these are 87mm for a type 1 which gives 1641cc the type 4 that is 1679 is has a 90mm bore with a shorter crank

Last edited by big ears; 03-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.
big ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
flatinit
Chat Slapper

Hey Big Ears,

Thanks for the info, in that case I'll let them go for somewhere about 100 pounds plus postage/delivery.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
ernieturner
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatinit View Post
Hey Big Ears,

Thanks for the info, in that case I'll let them go for somewhere about 100 pounds plus postage/delivery.
if thats so,and they are 1641s ill take them,,will you be at dubfreeze,stafford next sunday,,ta ernie
ernieturner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
flatinit
Chat Slapper

Sorry, they've already gone!
Old 23-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
flatinit
Chat Slapper

The chap who was coming round for these never made it in the end, hence I just found them again in a cupboard at the back of the garage if anyone's still interested?
Old 29-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
72 bugs
Wannabe Chat Slut

would you take 55 and i will sort courier if you wrap em up cheers Luke
72 bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread