I am selling my squareback after much deliberation, so here goes.....
Was using it as a snowplough a couple of weeks ago!!!
MOT about 7 months, tax just run out, will sort before sale though....
Car was subject to a full body off resto around 7 years ago of which i have copies of all photos, suffice to say it was stripped back to virtually nowt and rebuilt. Car was blue but has been fully repainted in VW anthracite which looks great. Previous owner had it 10 years and spent a fortune on it, then the engine blew up, he was let down by a garage that was gonna rebuild it and never did, then he got married and more important things took over and the car sat. I knew about the car locally for ages an always wanted it, and after much persuasion, he sold it to me....
- Super solid with all gnarly welding done well (photos to prove)
- Slammed on the deck, lowest car i have owned
- 1600 twin carb engine that doesnt rattle or evrn leak!!
- "Early look" car combination of early and late wings ie the back wings have the superior later airvents, but the cool early lights and reflectors, fronts have late fuel filler cap, but early indicators.
- Have 10 years of history from Andi (prv owner) including birt certificate from VW in Wolfsburg.
- Proper comfy Sparco bucket seats (on proper runners)
- No carpet so you can see exactly how solid it is.
- 1973 so not tax exempt
- As above, it is SLAMMED, so ride is quite harsh, but you knew that right?
- Solid car, but some bubbly rust, mostly on the bolt on wings so repairable/ replaceable. Drivers door has hole on bottom hence the gaffa tape.
- Hole on front scuttle about 10p size, I am happy to repair this though dependant on what price is agreed.
- Wheels are looking a little past their best, thought about painting them read and putting whitewalls on for the hot rod look.
Car is by no means a show winner although with a little TLC could be, the hard work has been done although it still looks wicked and I PROMISE YOU MOST PEOPLE STOP AND STARE AT IT as you drive past (I am sure mst people think "what the f+ck is that?")
As it is so low, I was using it as a snowplough a couple of weeks ago!!!
Anyways, price is £2495 ovno and enjoy the piccies. They were taken in the rain, so not the best....
If you wanna know more either call me on 07816 999223 pm me or email is shamilee AT gmail.com Car is in Watford, Herts.
Thanks for looking.... Chris.
Some of the resto from a few years back....
So you can see, heaps of work, a great looking car and loads of fun to drive, good home requied please as it is not an easy decision selling....