Engine South African T25/T3 microbus 2.5i - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Watercooled Mechanical Tech

Watercooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Watercooled Mechanical Issues. Golfs, Sciroccos, Polos, T4s, T5s etc. You know the score, got a problem? Ask here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.
Forum Sponsored by: www.CoastVW.co.uk Classic Volkswagen Services

Coast VW

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 30-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Joe Knocker
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Unhappy South African T25/T3 microbus 2.5i

Hi ya all im in need of some help bad!!! I have a south african vw T25 microbus 2.5i and i am having problems finding parts for it as no one can identify the chassis number or engine code does any one have any ideas on where i can get parts from or what European engine code should i be getting the parts for any help would be most grate full im about to pull my hair out!!!!
Joe Knocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
JustVDubs
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (10)

The engine service parts are the same as Audi 100 2.2 5 cylinder engines.

What other parts do you need?
JustVDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Joe Knocker
Chat Virgin

ah nice one!!!!!! well im after a few to be honest!! i need a new cambelt, water pump, sump and seals and i think im going to need a new exhaust manifold as well!!! normal bits but no one seemed to be able to help as soon as i said 2.5i or south african but you is a star!!!!!
Old 30-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
JustVDubs
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Timing belt is Audi 2.2 as is the water pump.
The sump and seals should also be the same but not 100% as i never had to change them on the 2 i owned.

As for the manifold i'm thinking that is Audi as well but the downpipe is SA specific.
You could always have a 5 into one stainless manifold made up if you get really stuck.

The best person to ask for definate part numbers would be someone with access to VW SA's ETKA or ETOS system.

Or send Stuart Stirling at the Syncro Hospital an email asking him if he'll supply you with all the part numbers you need.
http://www.syncrohospital.co.za/contactUs.asp
Don't worry he's very helpful and i'm sure if you ask nicely he'll be able to help you out.
Old 30-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
JustVDubs
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Also registering on the Brick-Yard and Club80-90 won't do you any harm as there's a few SA T3 owners on those two forums and they'll be more than willing to help you out with any other questions you may have.
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/

Nealy forgot..Russel at Syncro Nutz is South African and he's well clued up on SA T3's.
http://www.syncro-nutz.com/

See there's no need to panic anymore.
Old 30-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Joe Knocker
Chat Virgin

thanks so much!!!! that is so much help, you is a super star!!! i was thinking about getting a stainless manifold as the rest is stainless any way so there is one prob soveld, and as for the audi 100 you don't know what the engine code is for the 2.2i as there is 8 just want to make shaw i get the right lump! i have already been on brick-yard i need to go back on there and ask around for help again but once again thanks so much for the info! I'll keep ya posted!!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Joe Knocker
Chat Virgin

I have just emailed Stuart Stirling, with some luck im hopping he will get back to me soon! Im also down loading vw etka at the mo haven't found a sa one yet but once it's finished down loading there are add on's to down load as well so im hoping it will be in there some where!!! as for brick-yard im chatting to another SA VW owner later who is being very very help full, im going to see how that goes then get back on the case after tomorrow!!!
P.S I have been looking at the audi 2.2 and would it be a MC block i should be getting bit's for?

Last edited by Joe Knocker; 02-05-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Reply Post New Thread