where to buy electric meter pre pay cards? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
benlawrence
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Default where to buy electric meter pre pay cards?

as the title folks, working in a property with a digital meter that has no credit left, i need to get power for my tools.

where the heck do you buy a card??

thanks y'all
benlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
bfg69bug
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (4)

nearest offy / corner shop ?

:bandit:
bfg69bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
bigbadbugga
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (6)

You need the payment card for the meter if it is a card meter or takes the little cardboard tokens.

If it is a key meter you need the plastic key.

Most meters are key meters these days.

Without them you are fucked I'm afraid, I assume there is no emergency credit left?
bigbadbugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
nathan93
Wannabe Chat Slut

theyve been updated to a key i think might be worth ringing eon or whoever to put in the new meter
nathan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
wible
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMAIL!

You need to get card or key from whoever owns the property. If they don't have one they need to get one from the electricity supplier.
wible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
notails
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (1)

try the emergency credit button . I worked in a few and they have been in 100+ of emergency credit!!!
notails is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Mucky Green
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (1)

Eyemouth service station. (but seriously) If it's a plastic card, you need to insert it into your meter before putting money on it. Otherwise, you'll put money on it and the meter won't recognise it.

GUess how I know!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
benlawrence
Seasoned Chat Slut

cheers for the replys guys and gals, got it sorted, the missus phoned n.i energy and have managed to get them to put some credit on the meter, phew, the thought of chasing walls and not being able to kango the fireplaces out was painful
benlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread