THE JOGLE4BRAD'S INFO THREAD - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion > Cool Thread Archive

Cool Thread Archive This archive contains threads that legends are made of. Big threads with controversial subjects, humorous threads . . . and threads with answers to frequently asked questions. Please take five minutes to check it out.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Old 14-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (1)

Default THE JOGLE4BRAD'S INFO THREAD

(FAIRLY) IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IT ALL BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

As the other thread is so huge, it makes sense to have a thread that has all the important information without the 'chat'.

Please use THIS thread to add names to lists etc. and then I will tidy them up afterwards and delete posts etc. (so, no whining if/when your post gets deleted. )

(I'm away 'Karting 4 Brad's for a few days - but I'll tidy up on my return - Tuesday)

So . . . IMPORTANT stuff . . .

Firstly - the DATES . . . everyone will need to be at the John O' Groats Campsite for 8.00am on SATURDAY 7th APRIL

We have the site booked for the night of FRIDAY 6th APRIL for camping, so getting there the day before makes sense.

The whole deal will take a full week and we aim to be at Land's End on FRIDAY 13th APRIL - after that we are trying to arrange a VW Event in Cornwall for 13th - 15th April (which will be FREE for all JOGLE'RS to attend.)

Secondly - MONEY. Each rider will need enough money for camping, food and petrol/2-stroke.

We estimate camping costs to be in the region of £60 per person for the whole trip (I'll have a firm figure shortly) and we estimate 'communal' food to cost £40-£50 per person for the whole trip.

Each rider MUST bring (at least) £50's worth of 'sponsorship' with them and ONLY 50cc bikes will be allowed to take part. All riders need to bring (or organise the carrying of) their own spares. Riders using same/similar machines should contact others and maybe pool/share spares.

Please note:
Quote:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ds/DG_10016249

1) What is a moped?

A moped is a motorcycle that has the following features:

maximum design speed not exceeding 50 kilometres per hour (km/h) (about 31 miles per hour (mph)
an engine capacity no greater than 50 cc
it can be moved by pedals, if the moped was first used before 1 September 1977

2) If you have a car licence...

If you obtained your full car licence before 1 February 2001 you are automatically entitled to ride a moped without L-plates (D-plates in Wales).

If you obtained a full car licence after 1 February 2001 you must first complete a CBT course and obtain a DL 196 certificate to validate your entitlement.
Please add your name to the list(s) below (depending if you're riding or 'supporting') and please note: Everybody taking part MUST PM the 'PREFECTS' below with their info - Name, Postcode, Dietry Requirements, what support they can offer/transport for bikes etc.

If you're not on Rad Dubs list, you won't be coming, if you're not on Artist's or Raemond's list, you won't get fed. If you're not on Woofs' list - you may get 'bad medicine' if you fall ill.

Here are three important links, please spread them around on any forums you visit/Facebook etc.:

http://www.facebook.com/JOGLE4BRADS?sk=info

http://www.justgiving.com/JOGLE4BRADS

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=714873

Please use the following form to raise sponsorship locally and then 'donate' the lot as a 'lump' onto the JustGiving page - so we hit our £10K target.

Sponsorship Form PDF downloadable here: http://www.volkszone.co.uk/brian/JOG...ORSHIPFORM.pdf

Or JPEG version

JOGLE 4 BRAD'S PREFECTS

Logistics/Transport - Rad Dubs and Englishmen
Profile: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/member.php?u=1129
Please PM him your real name, postcode and any info on 'support', if you can help moving bikes or give a lift to any others - or if you need a lift. etc. etc. He will also need your T-Shirts size. If you're not on Rad Dubs' 'list' you won't be taking part - so PLEASE do this ASAP.

Quartermaster/Chef/Boss of Grub/Campsite Erector & Dismantler - artist
Profile: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/member.php?u=7840
Please PM him if you can help with cooking and/or helping set up the camp(s) and breaking down the camps each day.
IMPORTANT We are desperate for help from VZi'ers who are NOT on the run but live near the stops/campsites to help store food in fridges and even maybe cook some of it in their homes. If you can help, PLEASE PM artist. It means you can support the cause even if you're not doing the run itself. Thank you.

Dietry Requirements/Assistant to artist/Head girl - Raemond
Profile: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/member.php?u=51667
Please PM Raemond with any dietry requirements, especially if you are vegetarian, allergic to anything or just a fussy twat.

First Aid Co-ordinator - woofs
Profile: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/member....etinfo&u=32180
Please PM woofs with details of any medical conditions/medication/next of kin details in case of emergency. Also please PM her if you have no conditions at all.
PLEASE SEE POST #4

Routemaster/Milk Fuel Monitor - Nige G
Profile: http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/member....getinfo&u=9321
Nige and myself have taken a lot of time plotting the route so we stay on 'sensible' roads and have gas stations at every 50 miles or so. However, we think it best we carry spare fuel too. Please PM Nige if you are 'support' and can help carrying spare petrol/2-stroke. Also PM him if you have any local knowledge of the route/parts of the route. We *think* we have arrived at the best compromise, but if you know something that we don't please posts your comments below.
PLEASE SEE POST #12

WE STILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:

Press/Media/Publicity - I'll be hitting the TV Companies and as many of the Nationals myself. If you can help contact local Radio and TV and local papers for the areas en route - please put yourself forward now - it will mean sending countless emails and/or making telephone calls - but without publicity, it will raise less money. So, if you're up for the thankless task of 'selling' it to the media, please raise your hand now. One person 'heading' it and several helping would be really cool and I'll get a template 'letter' together that you can adapt to send out.

Food Help - We are desperate for help from VZi'ers who are NOT on the run but live near the stops/campsites to help store food in fridges and even maybe cook some of it in their homes. If you can help, PLEASE PM artist. It means you can support the cause even if you're not doing the run itself. Thank you.

We also need to borrow or buy (and sell at the end): 2 x calor/LPG powered stoves, the sort of cooker you get in a mobile home - four rings and an oven - grill not important. Calor gas bottles for above - 15kg would be ideal, three/four off. Large cooking pans - and I mean catering-sized. Four or more. Two/three heavy-duty tables for food-prep and service.

Support Vehicles - to either follow the run and/or help get bikes up to JOG and then collect from LE. Even if you can't ride, come spend a week with some mentallist 'dubbers on 'peds.

Sponsors - If you know of any companies that can throw a few quid in, please put the bite on them.

VW ACTION SOUTHWEST
Those NOT doing the run can support Brad's Cancer Foundation by attending VW Action Southwest
A Special One-Off Weekend Event in aid of Brad’s Cancer Foundation
Friday 13th-Sunday 15th April 2012
The Showground • Stithians • Truro • Cornwall • TR3 7HL
nasevents AT orange.fr or 01279 72 52 52
www.vwaction.co.uk

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER - MUST BE SIGNED

Paul from Brad's sent this 'disclaimer' through. (Click to download.)

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/brian/JOGLEDISC2011.pdf

Everybody needs to print one off, sign it and give it to Paul at John O' Groats.

IMPORTANT! MONEY FOR CAMPING/FOOD ETC.

Sorry, I know it's nearly Xmas and things are tight . . . but some 'deposits' need paying etc.

Anyone who's 'in' needs to send a £50 deposit by 31st January 2012 with the £80 'balance' by March 31st - sorry.

This will cover all camping and food, with a contribution to the main support vehicles' fuel - I mean the vehicles carrying the 'repair workshop', cooking gear and tents etc.

Please PayPal to: nasevents@orange.fr

And please include both your REAL name and your VZi user name in the PayPal email.

Those who don't have PayPal please find a mate who does (or get into the 21st Century and sign up. )

Anyone who's not paid the £50 by Jan 31st will be deemed to be 'out' - sorry, but we need to see who's serious as there is a shitload of planning that needs REAL numbers.

Sorry to be the bearer of 'bad news'/'asking for dosh' in these times - but it has to be done.

ALSO, PLEASE READ THIS HELPFUL THREAD

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=747245

PHOTOS

We now have a JOGLE 4 BRAD'S FLICKR group.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/jogle4brads/

It will enable us all to share relevant pics.

Firstly, you'll need your own FLICKR account and then you will need to PM with the email address you opened/registered your FLICKR account with and I will invite you to be part of the group.

(Apologies to Photobucket users.)

Then it is as simple selecting pics from your own library(s) and adding them to the group pool.

By downloading the FLICKR app we will all be able to upload and share pics from our smartphones from the run itself - helping to keep a permanent record of the whole JOGLE 4 BRAD'S experience.

In the meantime, please get those accounts opened and copy across any relevant pics of your bikes, back up vehicle, trailer or similar. As much as we'd all love to see pic's of your lady's norks - let's try and keep the group vaguely 'on topic'.

Thanks in advance.

Bri

Vintage Rolex Watches

Carlsberg don't do VW Shows . . . but if they did . . .
Old 14-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

THE RIDERS

If you want in, please let us know below and I'll add you to the list (and delete your post) - PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE PREFECTS RIGHT AWAY TOO!

1.Brizey B - Yamaha FS1E
2. Kevo - Yamaha FS1E
3. Iain - Yamaha EW50
4. Polly - Peugeot Speedfighter
5. Funkmaster - Honda Express
6. Till - Piaggio NRG
7. john.stone - TBC
8. slammedbus - Mobylette or Italjet Jetset
9. FVDE - TBC
10. Carpetmark - Honda Dax
11. Paul Utting -Monkeybike.
12. Mark, Brads -Monkeybike.
13. Mick, Brads -Monkeybike.
14. Rad Dubs -Honda C50.
15 The Darkside, Honda Sky.
16 Ghia57 -TBC
17 nathan93- gilera ice - maybe
18 Garys67 - TBC
19 GREENIE - TBC
20 Mr.Orange - Honda C50
21 SP2 -TBC
22 Disco Biscuit -TBC
23 ColG -TBC
24 veedweeb - Yamaha YN50 Neo's
25 Robandmaxx - Honda C50
26 Raemond + Sam Jelfs, rides TBC (one rider one support. probably)
27 Morty - Suzuki tr50 street magic
28 Claire -MZ Simson (RobandMaxx's Girlfriend)
29 hondadax- DT50mx
30 Alice de camper -Raleigh Runabout.
31 Flyin_flea -TBC
32 passatman - Peugeot 103
33 Yorkiebay - TBC
34 spannerboy- TBC
35 woofs -Honda SH50
36 Der schweißer -TBC
37 Guru67-C50 or Honda Express
38 t25spen honda melody or similar
39 Adoo -TBC
40 dubmeister -TBC
41 Rogbik - FS1E
42 rob75 -TBC
43 Brumm - Honda C50
44 sdbscooby -TBC
45 Vee.Dubster - Honda C50
46 Gizago -Yamaha FS1E
47 Bidz -TBC
58 Gottle o' Ghia - Yamaha FS1E
49 madjakmclaferty - Honda C50
50. Twon -Honda Camino
51. Dangermouse - Peugeot 101
52. markH1234 -SYM Jet euro x
53. BOBBYDAZZLER - kawasaki AR50
54. Rich Jones - Garelli Tiger Cross
55. Bigcheez2k3 -Honda SH50 Express.
56. bugsbuggy -TBC
57. Callum Stokes -TBC
58. spelllbound -TBC
59. Kank on something Honda SH50 Express.
60. D4NSC -TBC
61. villawagen -Yamaha FS1E
62. s4lco -TBC
63. busfreak - TBC
64. scratchpad93- (spelllbound's brother)-TBC
65. walkerdude2001 -TBC
66. DaveP67- ride 50cc afrikacorps themed side car replica!
67 vwcurtains - Peugeot Speedfighter
68 - juli_dub -TBC
69. V-Dub-Dave -TBC
70. Jules65 –Honda C50ZZ
71. BrianLT28 - TBC
72. Jon -Monkeybike.
73. nathanroberts136 - 97' Derbi Senda
74. Ben Mullett -TBC
75. ade t -TBC.
76. Mr Lee esq - Puch Maxi
77. Southern - Honda Express.
78. David92 - Honda Camino
79. Sammo - 1960s Jawa Moped
80. Tewy -Monkeybike
81. Notails - Mobylette Mobymatic Twin Seater.
82. Whitworth - TBC
83. Paz2 - 1965 Yamaha YF1
84. Raz - TBC
85. bp_88 - Piaggio TBC
86. WITHDRAWN
87. TheColvilleKid - Tamoretti Retro 50
88. Tomarse - 1958 Simson SR2
89. Highside65 - vespa

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

THE SUPPORT

If you want in, please let us know below and I'll add you to the list (and delete your post) - PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE PREFECTS RIGHT AWAY TOO.

1. Prawnie. Hopefully early bay. Offers to bring west country riders. Space allowing.
2. Chris Burrows - Chrysler Voyager or maybe T5 Camper (if I can blag one) - possibly
3. PULLED OUT
4. Cherry early bay panel (fingers crossed) or sure I can swindle a van from somewhere
5. Carpet Mark If someone wants to be support crew but has no vehicle, I have a LWB Movano with tow bar that can be used. It is fully insured for anyone over 25.
6. Mrs slammedbus will be along for support, t4 camper, hopefully with towbar mounted spec with a spare ped.
7. Bigbadbugga, Subaru outback, can carry tools parts tents or whatever needed
9. Budget Bus With T4, small Gennie (Photography cover for the event) Unless the other BB has some one else in mind. Oh and a passenger seat if anyone wants to co pilot. I can do the full event if i get saving for fuel
10) Lowval, Type 25 pop top Westfalia. Can't transport bikes but could do spares ? Up for the full journey too
11) Ryan and Pippa ( Renault master support van )
12) judgie with transit box trailer and kit
13) D4NSC - Sprinter or 7.5tonner
14) Jay James - Golf VR6
15) Chelseahelen - T4 camper - happy to cook, am first aid qualified and can lug stuff around in van as needed too
16) Big Jon's mate - Large van
17) Bee - Spannerboy's Wedge
18) Proudpeace - T5
19) PULLED OUT
20) Bugandbus and wickedwyche, whole run in the Bay with 2 or 3 bike trailer, room for spares, carrying tools, help wherever needed.
21) Nic and Josh Utting - T4
22) jonny7 - T25/3 - happy to carry riders/gear etc.
23) Danny Lord
24) Kank's Missus - T25
25) schmeil1 - First aid

COOKING/CAMP SUPPORT

1. Chris Burrows
2. Ryan and pippa
3. Artist aka Simon the pieman - can cook industrial quantities
4. SBG (From Cirencester onwards)
5. WITHRAWN
6. Zenith Blue
7. Mrs Slammedbus (Andrea Drage)
8. proupeace

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

From woofs

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofs View Post
Afternoon,

I've taken on the task of trying to get all the info together for the First Aiders and Personal Medical info for the road trip.

Step 1

I would appreciate it (I know some have done it already) if you could please let me know if you would be willing to hold your hand up and be counted as a first aider. ( Please let me know what qualifications you have or will be taking)

I think there should be 1 first aider per 30 ish people. (Possibly more if we are going to split into groups on the journey) Each of these people will have a decent first aid kit at their disposal, that they should try and keep with them at all times. Each of these people will be recognisable with probably some kind of High Viz item of clothing (sash, arm band - something of this nature).

If anyone has any contacts to pick up first aid supplies or the likes, then please also PM me with any details you have so far.

Step 2

Here's the sensitive bit.

The well being of everybody taking part is one of the most important factors that has to be considered.

I would request that all those that are taking part, would please inform me if they have any long term illnesses, have any relevant medical conditions which may or may not flare up/ be made apparent during the course of the adventure, are taking daily medication or may require medication at short notice. I also think it would be very useful if you could let me know if you are allergic or intolerant to anything. (This may overlap with the food request info, but i would be grateful if you could please repeat the info)

Can i please request that you all PM me with the above information or any information you think should be known to someone treating you (doctors, nurses, ambulance staff or first aiders) if you are unable to tell them yourself. Even if you do not have any medical problems, i would be grateful if you could just send a PM to let me know there is nothing to know. This is so that i know everyone has been accounted for.

I would like to confirm that all the information passed to me will be kept in the strictest of confidence and will be on a need to know basis. I will be making a file with all the information in to take on the trip, but it will only ever be revealed if it is ever needed in a medical emergency.

I am open to suggestions on all of the above, please PM me.

Something i should have requested would be next of kin details.

Quite a few are doing it with partners/OH's/wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend but others aren't.

What i would also like to compile is a list of people to contact in major emergencies. Even those of you who are doing it with nearest and dearest, is there anyone, in worst case scenario, that we would need to contact.

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

THE ROUTE

DAY 1 - SATURDAY 7th APRIL
Start from John O'Groats Campsite ( http://www.johnogroatscampsite.co.uk/ )at 8.00am ride 133.7 miles and arrive at Borlum Campsite ( http://www.borlum.co.uk/ ) approximately 2.15pm - the yellow squares are 'break' stops and/or 'fuel' stops.

(Click cream bar for BIG)

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

DAY 2 - SUNDAY 8th APRIL
Start from Borlum Campsite at 8.00am ride 153.5 miles and arrive at Somerville Weir Hall/John.stone's approximately 3.30pm - the yellow squares are 'break' stops and/or 'fuel' stops.

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

DAY 3 - MONDAY 9th APRIL
Start from Somerville Weir Hall/John.stone's at 8.00am ride 169.8 miles and arrive at Bays Brown Farm, Ambleside ( http://www.baysbrownfarm.com/ ) at approximately 4.55pm - the yellow squares are 'break' stops and/or 'fuel' stops.

THIS IS ARGUABLY THE TOUGHEST LEG OF THE RUN

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

DAY 4 - TUESDAY 10th APRIL
Start from Bays Brown Farm at 8.00am ride 135.1 miles and arrive at Worksop Rugby Club ( http://www.worksoprufc.com/ ) at approximately 2.20pm - the yellow squares are 'break' stops and/or 'fuel' stops.

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

DAY 5 - WEDNESDAY 11th APRIL
Start from Worksop Rugby Club at 8.00am ride 138.8 miles and arrive at Tunnel House Campsite ( http://www.tunnelhouse.com/ ) at approximately 5.21pm - this allows for a 2 hours stop at Queens Medical Centre Nottingham. As before, the yellow squares are 'break' stops and/or 'fuel' stops.

Vintage Rolex Watches

Old 14-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

DAY 6 - THURSDAY 12th APRIL
Start from Tunnel House Campsite at 8.00am ride 141.2 miles and arrive at the Fox & Hounds Campsite ( http://www.foxandhoundshotel.com/ ) at approximately 2.45pm - as before, the yellow squares are 'break' stops and/or 'fuel' stops.

Vintage Rolex Watches