Volkszone Forum banner

Bus on 18's

7K views 66 replies 12 participants last post by  vdubsmudge 
#1 ·
Declared 79 LHD Tin Top Bay.Im led to believe thats its actually a 73 Delux microus but the chasis number.I donot think she will come back as tax exempt but least she will get a true birth certificate.

The Bus

These pic were taken by the Guy who sprayed the van 5-6 years ago and it still polishes up real nice.(with thanks to MEET BEETER :) )I will update with new pics at the weekend.

12 months MOT....6 months Tax

She has not got the towbar anymore,instead has a twip empi pack exhaust hanging out the back

Full delux trim

18" Ronal Carlsson Alloys.Notched rear spring plates..KYB shocks

Uprated Crossdrilled disks,uprated calipers and goodrich hoses.

upgraded 'angel eye' style headlight

Alloy side step on the slider side

Inside

Empi shifter
Tacho

Recovered seats(pas bench,single drivers)

Full width Bed(homemade but done well)

Full window tints

2Ltr Engine that runs really well.

The Bad

Shes had welding underneath in the past so is abit of a patch work(But now Solid) quilt.Not pretty but you could allways tack of some belly pans.

Rear driver side arch needs a little work(rust showing through)
plus a few other areas...nothing major.

In all Honesty shes a good bus which with a few quid spent on her would bring her back up to scratch again..She drives well stops well and is a real Head Turner! thousands of reciepts frome way back when to present...Also an agreed value policy certificate for 6K a couple of years back.

As for the price I want £4500 for her.Dont let the LHD put you off..this was my first road legal one ive driven.I drive a RHD in the Day and then jump in her at weekends with no problems(Took about an hour to stop punching the door in an atempt to change gear :D )

Ill listen to all offers but im not giving her away(like all the rest of my busses)If she doesnt sell i will keep her,do the work...have some fun!.

Although she has rust its still to clean for me.I want a early(68-71) origional paint bus that fits more into my life-style.Px's would be looked at but im abit short on the ground of cash at the moment so please no "10k my way offers" Keep it real and ill see what i can do.

Thanks for looking and Stay Cool :)

See less See more
#7 ·
To be fair smudge you're making her sound worse than she is. I done a bit of welding on her for the MOT. All solid underneath now. Drives really nice. Has slight cosmetic rust on the arch, but the amount of looks I got and the comments at the MOT station on how cool she looks makes this one cool bus!
It even gets more looks than mine :mad: , and mines MINT! :bandit: :D

#8 ·
zekiddee said:
To be fair smudge you're making her sound worse than she is. I done a bit of welding on her for the MOT. All solid underneath now. Drives really nice. Has slight cosmetic rust on the arch, but the amount of looks I got and the comments at the MOT station on how cool she looks makes this one cool bus!
It even gets more looks than mine :mad: , and mines MINT! :bandit: :D
Thanks Mate :)

Just wanted to get rid of the "YOU SAID IT WAS MINT" people who want all for 50 quid :rolleyes: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.