VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/index.php)
-   The Gallery - VZi Arts & Photography (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   'Graphic Novel' Style... (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1588481)

Brian Burrows 04-08-2019 09:05 AM

'Graphic Novel' Style...

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to develop a 'comic book'/'graphic novel' style illustration of my own - I'm in negotiations with a publisher who wants to produce a 'coffee table' book of my artwork.

Originally, he just wanted to reproduce a whole load of my album sleeve art, but I've convinced him to try something new.

So with the working title of 'Return To Splendour', I'm trying to create high-end 'comic book' illustrations of legends (both from the music world and others like McQueen, Newman, James Dean, etc.) who are no longer with us.

My first attempt is the recently departed Keith Flint . . . (which, once scanned for the book - I will auction the original at VW Action for Brad's.)

Brian Burrows 04-08-2019 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Next up will be Ziggy . . .

GlenAnderson 04-08-2019 10:13 AM

Cool. :cool:

You’re not bad with the crayons. :p

:D

Brian Burrows 04-08-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlenAnderson (Post 16557155)
Cool. :cool:

You’re not bad with the crayons. :p

mr slug 04-08-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Burrows (Post 16557141)
I'm trying to develop a 'comic book'/'graphic novel' style illustration of my own - I'm in negotiations with a publisher who wants to produce a 'coffee table' book of my artwork.

Originally, he just wanted to reproduce a whole load of my album sleeve art, but I've convinced him to try something new.

So with the working title of 'Return To Splendour', I'm trying to create high-end 'comic book' illustrations of legends (both from the music world and others like McQueen, Newman, James Dean, etc.) who are no longer with us.

My first attempt is the recently departed Keith Flint . . . (which, once scanned for the book - I will auction the original at VW Action for Brad's.)

Fantastic idea.

With so many illustrations already ‘in the bag’ and a lifetime of being creative in that industry, it would be a great to have a compilation of all your best works.

Best of luck Brian, I am sure it will be a success :)

Brian Burrows 05-08-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr slug (Post 16557253)
Fantastic idea.

With so many illustrations already ‘in the bag’ and a lifetime of being creative in that industry, it would be a great to have a compilation of all your best works.

Best of luck Brian, I am sure it will be a success :)

Ah! Yes, that would have been the easier option (to use existing artwork) - but I've talked him (and myself) into completely new illustrations (which of course I'll need to find time to do.) :lol:

I don't make things easy on myself. :D

mr slug 05-08-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Burrows (Post 16557317)
Ah! Yes, that would have been the easier option (to use existing artwork) - but I've talked him (and myself) into completely new illustrations (which of course I'll need to find time to do.) :lol:

I don't make things easy on myself. :D

Ahhh, I misunderstood the concept - I thought you were compiling work that you had already done.
To make it from all fresh work will be a huge task, but - like you said, you don’t make things easy on yourself :D

I still wish you every good fortune with the project :)

Brian Burrows 06-08-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr slug (Post 16557513)
Ahhh, I misunderstood the concept - I thought you were compiling work that you had already done.
To make it from all fresh work will be a huge task, but - like you said, you don’t make things easy on yourself :D

I still wish you every good fortune with the project :)

Thanks Mark. :)

Brian Burrows 07-08-2019 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some more detail (inked in.)

:)

utting30 08-08-2019 07:58 PM

stunning m8 , simply stunning x