VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/index.php)
-   Multimedia Forum (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   New Top Gear (https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1587577)

Dave Dorson 09-07-2019 03:07 PM

I'm not sure what added value the "rare" element gave to that last episode to be honest.

I'd have found it just as entertaining with a Montego Countryman and a Scirocco MK2, and you'd not have had to bash about the only Matra made RHD example left in existence.

I know, I know, not my car, it wasn't exactly mint, blah blah blah... Just seems a bit of a waste to me.

clarkson 09-07-2019 11:07 PM

Another good episode. Personally I liked the Roller, I have always liked Rollers. I'd have it just because it has gone through tasteless and out the other side.

smull 10-07-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkson (Post 16553239)
Another good episode. Personally I liked the Roller, I have always liked Rollers. I'd have it just because it has gone through tasteless and out the other side.

I like Rollers too and I get why they want to tap the suv market but the Cullinan looks like they’ve commissioned a Chinese car company to copy a Range Rover....badly. 2/10 Roll Royce, see me after class.

clarkson 11-07-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smull (Post 16553319)
I like Rollers too and I get why they want to tap the suv market but the Cullinan looks like they’ve commissioned a Chinese car company to copy a Range Rover....badly. 2/10 Roll Royce, see me after class.

They have tried to make it look like a Roller which have made the looks very Marmite. The thing is that piece was very poorly done. Yes it is ugly. Yes it is pointless, most high end 4x4s are TBH. But he wasted the whole piece using cliches and stereo types to make the point that he didn't like it.

Brian Burrows 15-07-2019 06:46 AM

I enjoyed that. The Lotus/groundforce piece was very good. :)

Dave Dorson 15-07-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Burrows (Post 16553971)

I've not seen it yet, but apparently they used my mate Tim's R4 Van, and he made the bit on the back to replicate the original skirt test device. :lol:

I'll try and get it watched tonight.

smull 15-07-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Burrows (Post 16553971)

Been a good & entertaining series. I think they’ll only get better as a team now they have new confidence brought about by good feedback.

I am delighted to have been proven wrong about them. Sunday night Top Gear is once again something to look forward to. Bring on the next series.
:)

Brian Burrows 15-07-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smull (Post 16554053)
Been a good & entertaining series. I think they’ll only get better as a team now they have new confidence brought about by good feedback.

I am delighted to have been proven wrong about them. Sunday night Top Gear is once again something to look forward to. Bring on the next series.
:)

Agreed. All good. :)

clarkson 17-07-2019 12:04 PM

It was a good series. I just wish it was more than 5 episodes.

Chiz999 10-09-2019 07:04 PM

Wasnt enough episodes, but what I saw was great, much better than last season.
Jezza May Hammond still much funnier though.