Volkszone Forum banner

New Top Gear

5K views 59 replies 15 participants last post by  Chiz999 
#1 ·
I finally caught up with the new Top Gear this evening - with Freddie and Paddy - same format(ish) but different presenters...

I think it will improve and Top Gear will continue for ever.

:)

#2 ·
Most I've enjoyed it in years, I liked the cars they chose, wasn't too rehearsed and didn't do anything really dopey or outlandish!
Good mix of personalities and banter.

#3 ·
I winced when I heard the new line up announcement all those months ago. I just thought it was another disaster waiting to happen.

BUT I'm glad to have been proven wrong and it worked really well imho. I'm so glad Matt has gone, nothing against the guy but he just couldn't present to save his life.

I'm actually looking forward to next week's show and I haven't said that about Top Gear in a loooooong time.

#5 ·
I really liked it , some laugh out loud moments. Didn't feel scripted (though probably is) , but the chemistry seems genuine?
I think it is. At first when they were taking the pee out if Chris' height I thought it was forced but as time went on (and especially in Ethiopia) it did appear the friendship and banter was genuine. I hope it continues in that vein.
:)

#14 ·
yeah exactly !!! hes not got a clue ,,his presenting is so forced and un-natural its quite embarrassing and freddie looked really uncomfortable too when he was in the studio and talking to camera
but .....
i will give it a go ..as not watched it since the first "chris evens" episode which completely ruined it for me and refused to watch ever since

but who knows it might work as paddy and freddie are quite funny fukers lol

#13 ·
What I liked was that the seemed to be a bit more respectful of classics and not going out and buying them to destroy like the original lot did on a regular basis. hopefully they'll not prove me wrong.
Mixed reviews online, but I think genuine car folks will like it.

#19 ·
Enjoyed it again, dare I say more than I ever enjoyed Clarkson, May & that little bloke :eek: thoroughly entertaining! Long may it continue :)

#38 ·
I saw it last night for the first time with the new line-up. Very enjoyable :cool:

#42 ·
I wish they would dump the "celebrity " bit tho.

I would much prefer if they visit celebs car collections (Leno's garage , jay kay etc) or just regular folks with interesting vehicles?
Great idea, as the only bit of that I like is when you find out they are a proper petrolhead who've had some nice cars.

Really enjoying the new series, actually look forward to it every week now, haven't been like that since late 80s early 90s when Chris Goffey etc did it pre internet days and it was all about the cars and only place you got info on what was new.

#47 ·
And of course, you lost....Allegro wins :D

Must be awesome to do these trips with all the backing that goes with it so yeah, 'well jel' as the kids say :D

#48 ·
Had to a agree about the Cullinan too. At best it’s dull and at worst it’s obscene.

They’ll probably sell thousands.
:rolleyes: :D

#49 ·
Was enjoyable to watch and great to see the wee Allegro doing so well, loved it with all the offroad kit (reminded me of a Corgi safari landrover I have).
Absolute sin to destroy that matra especially though, the guy who sold it must be gutted watching that! They could have wrapped them in vinyl or something easily reverseable (maybe they used waterbased paint but looked like they were rollered with gloss) Not a car I like..................…..I'd probably have had the 1500 allegro over it...….but appreciate the rarity of ithe Matra!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.